What mufflers?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Okay here's my situation. Everything on my car exhaust wise is stock except Mac Pro Dumps. I got these for my birthday and I love the way they sound but I want something louder. I'm not allowed to get an O/R pipe so thats out of the question, I'm not allowed to get a catted X or catted H, and headers are way too expensive for me right now. And honestly the drone from these MAC's can get pretty annoying. I'd like to have something with a nice rumble at idle (not too loud), sound good at cruising speeds and scream on hard accel and WOT. I'm only looking to change mufflers. Was thinking of maybe getting Magnapacks or some Dynomax Race Bullitts. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!
p.s. I'm not cutting the mufflers off lol

jedpony

Reaction score
Okay here's my situation. Everything on my car exhaust wise is stock except Mac Pro Dumps. I got these for my birthday and I love the way they sound but I want something louder. I'm not allowed to get an O/R pipe so thats out of the question, I'm not allowed to get a catted X or catted H, and headers are way too expensive for me right now. And honestly the drone from these MAC's can get pretty annoying. I'd like to have something with a nice rumble at idle (not too loud), sound good at cruising speeds and scream on hard accel and WOT. I'm only looking to change mufflers. Was thinking of maybe getting Magnapacks or some Dynomax Race Bullitts. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!
p.s. I'm not cutting the mufflers off lol

You might want to consider the borla xr1 mufflers(stingers). Im planning on changing out my flowtech terminator mufflers for them this summer. Have a better sound than the magnapacks in my opinion.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just go for the flowmaster 10s. I hear they're a nice loud with no aftermarket mid-pipe.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
With your exhaust being dumped I can't imagine the drone going away with just changing the mufflers. From what I remember my MAC mufflers were loud as fawk!

Sent from Space
If a little drone can be eliminated I'll be happy lol. The MAC's sound nice and beefy, I just want something with a little more bark

Just go for the flowmaster 10s. I hear they're a nice loud with no aftermarket mid-pipe.

I heard em in person and I'm not too sure if I like em or not. They are pretty loud tho

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
My MACs are plenty loud!! Your stock, catalytic h-pipe will always hush things up a bit. Just remember, configuring your exhaust to sound fast will sound like crap when your ride makes enough power to be fast..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My MACs are plenty loud!! Your stock, catalytic h-pipe will always hush things up a bit. Just remember, configuring your exhaust to sound fast will sound like crap when your ride makes enough power to be fast..

The MAC's have a nice bark to em, its just this damn stock midpipe makes them seem quiet to me =/ I totally know what you mean lol. That's why I wanted to have my electric exhaust cutouts installed but this shop said theres no room? Maybe they just don't want to install them I think. I'd hate to give em away brand new basically..

GT Rob

Reaction score
No video but my set up is shorty headers xpipe no cats.when I did the exhaust I was low on cash so I bought jegs headers and xpipe. You can say I have a low budget exhaust. Go on you tube and listen to the Pype's that what I did

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^^ Yeah I've heard that a lot. But I'm afraid that if I put tailpipes back on the car will be a helluva lot quieter since there's only different mufflers. I emailed an exhaust shop called KC's Kustom Exhaust up in Ramsey New Jersey. They said they could install the cutouts for me and anything I'd need done. Hopefully i can have them installed and I'll most likely leave the rest of the exhaust alone

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online