What mufflers?

RichV

Reaction score
Why can't you do the rest of the exhaust?

Mod the 'bite' more than tha 'bark'? Upgrade the H/C/I, sound will be better too.

CrispCobra95

Reaction score
Magnaflow magna-packs or LMII'S. They aren't super loud while cruising but scream at WOT. I have noticed that you can usually get a good deal on these through forum classifieds. But your stock H is going to limit it quite a bit.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Why can't you do the rest of the exhaust?

Mod the 'bite' more than tha 'bark'? Upgrade the H/C/I, sound will be better too.
My dad won't let me touch the midpipe. Originally i wanted to take the cats off and go with a o/r H, but thats a no go. I said what about changing to a catted X / H, also a no go. Guy at the exhaust shop goes, it'll won't do anything for the car. I was like I'm not trying to make the car faster by changing the midpipe, trying to make it louder. I'd like to do H/C/I but thats way outta my price range right now.

Magnaflow magna-packs or LMII'S. They aren't super loud while cruising but scream at WOT. I have noticed that you can usually get a good deal on these through forum classifieds. But your stock H is going to limit it quite a bit.

Yeah the magnapacks sound awesome. Stock H = meh..

Darhawk

Reaction score
Just go for the flowmaster 10s. I hear they're a nice loud with no aftermarket mid-pipe.

[MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION] This reminds me of a YouTube video I saw once where some guy had one side with a Series 10 Flowmaster and the other side was a 40 series. That might be a neat way to change it. It sounded rather good to me.

[video=youtube;z2wyO2dyiYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2wyO2dyiYg[/video]

monster

Reaction score
pypes m-80 $44 each from american muscle cheap and loud

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good Hawk. My MAC's sound good, I just wish they were a little louder and has more of a bark to em. I haven't heard the M80s on a 5 o yet. Hopefully this show in Jerzey can install my cutouts for me. Danny you ever hear of KC's Kustom Exhaust in Ramsey?

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
^^ Yeah I've heard that a lot. But I'm afraid that if I put tailpipes back on the car will be a helluva lot quieter since there's only different mufflers. I emailed an exhaust shop called KC's Kustom Exhaust up in Ramsey New Jersey. They said they could install the cutouts for me and anything I'd need done. Hopefully i can have them installed and I'll most likely leave the rest of the exhaust alone

It'll be nearly as loud with tailpipes as with dumps. You just won't be able to hear it as much from the driver's seat; everyone else will, though. There won't be as much bass to the exhaust note, either.

High flow cats wouldn't stifle as much noise as the factory cats do. What exactly is the reason for a catted aftermarket mid-pipe being out of the question? Lack of funds?

As far as muffler suggestions go, I would second the suggestion of the Spintech Super Pro Streets. They are ridiculously loud and super raspy on an off-road setup (which is why I took them off my car after only being installed one day with BBK equal length shorties and an off-road H), but would probably sound pretty good on an otherwise stock car with dumps. Good luck!

EDIT: My apologies as I didn't read the second page before posting and now know the reason for no different mid pipe.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
It'll be nearly as loud with tailpipes as with dumps. You just won't be able to hear it as much from the driver's seat; everyone else will, though. There won't be as much bass to the exhaust note, either.

High flow cats wouldn't stifle as much noise as the factory cats do. What exactly is the reason for a catted aftermarket mid-pipe being out of the question? Lack of funds?

As far as muffler suggestions go, I would second the suggestion of the Spintech Super Pro Streets. They are ridiculously loud and super raspy on an off-road setup (which is why I took them off my car after only being installed one day with BBK equal length shorties and an off-road H), but would probably sound pretty good on an otherwise stock car with dumps. Good luck!

EDIT: My apologies as I didn't read the second page before posting and now know the reason for no different mid pipe.

No problemo lol. I think I'll save some $$ and get the pro streets and leave em dumped. My dad doesn't want me touching the cats at all, blows a big one lol. Pro streets dumped with the stock mid and manifolds should be louder than MAC pro dumps right?

These will be what I get. Do the pro streets have a lot of drone?

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
No problemo lol. I think I'll save some $$ and get the pro streets and leave em dumped. My dad doesn't want me touching the cats at all, blows a big one lol. Pro streets dumped with the stock mid and manifolds should be louder than MAC pro dumps right?

These will be what I get. Do the pro streets have a lot of drone?

They had a bit of drone with my off-road setup. Your stock setup shouldn't be as bad. Drone is pretty much a fact of life for just about any aftermarket muffler unless you buy some of the more expensive stuff.

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thinkin about getting them and 2.5" LX tailpipes

Go for it! I've always considered dumps to be a phase that (almost) every new Mustang owner goes through. My first two exhaust systems on my first two Mustangs were both dumps. At some point I got tired of the interior noise, installed tailpipes, and never looked back. I think the only way I would install dumps on my car now is if and when I build a new engine for it with high compression and an aggressive cam.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm about done with this phase lol. I like the deep bassy tone from the dumps but honestly the drone is terrible

StreetPilot

Reaction score
I had Flowmaster Super 40 series on my Cobra a couple of years ago. Loud, no drone, and a couple of people asked me if I had a big block installed, but that was with BBK longtubes and and offroad H, so they wouldn't sound the same with your setup. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4.6 Gt ragtop

Members online