What other car would you choose?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Someone once thought my car was a Ferrari.

It’s red, and has a horse on it, so…
Poor man’s Ferrari! Kinda like meth a poor man’s Cobra! Fun and cool, but a far cry from a AC Cobra :-(

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
hey if they think it is, go with it...
It made no sense. The girl knew I was a college student working at Target… …because she was also a college student working at Target. I made $7-8.45/hr there. There’s no way I could even afford the type of fuel those cars require, let alone insurance.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
79 Trans Am
71 Dodge Challenger
Corvette C4
97 Camaro
73 Javelin

Never really thought about it.... ;)

Dang your cars over there are so much better than over here!

TMW
Change of plan.

I'm going to get a 1997 or 1998 Mercedes CL at some point in the next couple of years.

Keeping the Mustang though too

TMW

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Explorer ST is on the shortlist for my next daily driver.

That or a Porche Macan GTS.

Nitrobob41

Reaction score
Growing up in Detroit I've played with cars since I was 11. This fueled my addiction of Detroit Muscle. I have owned over 100 cars over the last 50 yrs and the one I would like to have back is my 69 Chevelle SS convertible. I bought that car in 1983 for $2500 and sold it in 2008.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I want to get a new F150 Saleen Black Label Sportruck really bad. The next batch of stock I sell that's happening for sure.

joemomma

Reaction score
I think I'd like an Audi S6. Audi is killing the "looks" game. There was one up the road from me for sale a few weeks ago, I was very tempted to stop and look it over and see how they'd trade for the '94.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I'd like an Audi S6. Audi is killing the "looks" game. There was one up the road from me for sale a few weeks ago, I was very tempted to stop and look it over and see how they'd trade for the '94.
my next supercar drive ticket is for an R8 in april. I have to agree that they are making some good looking cars.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my next supercar drive ticket is for an R8 in april. I have to agree that they are making some good looking cars.
Sadly the R8 is no longer one of them. Part of me wants to pull the trigger on a V10 with a gated manual. I think that's going to be a big time collectors car later.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sadly the R8 is no longer one of them. Part of me wants to pull the trigger on a V10 with a gated manual. I think that's going to be a big time collectors car later.
no longer good looking or just because of the motor? I am not complaining either way, to each his own I am gonna drive it like I stole it and add another to the collection. I added the 911GT3RS this week even though I drove it 2 years ago.
IMG_20230926_221155528_HDR 1.jpg

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Listen, I’m a Merc fan…. But why a CL?
Because of what it is. Big, luxurious and stately.

The late 90s ones are just amazing - last of the proper mercs, completely over engineered and very reliable.

It's just an amazing piece of kit - over £100,000 when new, can get them now starting around £3,500 up to £8,000 for a really good one.

The toys and features of the S Class in a personal coupe.

Got to be done!

I thought about a C124 but the C140 is just another level.

TMW

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no longer good looking or just because of the motor? I am not complaining either way, to each his own I am gonna drive it like I stole it and add another to the collection. I added the 911GT3RS this week even though I drove it 2 years ago.
View attachment 28803
No longer one of them as in they aren't making the R8 anymore.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Because of what it is. Big, luxurious and stately.

The late 90s ones are just amazing - last of the proper mercs, completely over engineered and very reliable.

It's just an amazing piece of kit - over £100,000 when new, can get them now starting around £3,500 up to £8,000 for a really good one.

The toys and features of the S Class in a personal coupe.

Got to be done!

I thought about a C124 but the C140 is just another level.

TMW

I much prefer the 2006+ up cars. The earlier ones just didn't feel "luxurious" to me.

I rocked a W210 car for a few years and sold it to a buddy and it's still rolling with like 320k miles.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
No longer one of them as in they aren't making the R8 anymore.
ah, gotcha yea I was wondering who would question its looks or performance. As you said they do not make that car anymore and it will not be long before no one will give you the chance to sit in these cars and make racecar noises, let alone drive them on a track. It is a bucket list thing for me for sure and I am thankful I have been able to do it.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
I much prefer the 2006+ up cars. The earlier ones just didn't feel "luxurious" to me.

I rocked a W210 car for a few years and sold it to a buddy and it's still rolling with like 320k miles.
To me the newer ones don't look like "proper" mercs.

The 1990s range has that look that you instantly know what it is.

Used to have a 1995 SL500 - timeless look and I can see that in the CL as well.

TMW

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.