what speed to run Pc at for compound, glaze and wax?

d_punch

Reaction score
the other day i had some time so i use the clearkote compound on my hood and roof top, and then stayed up late to hit it with the Red Moose Machine Glaze, then finish with Moose Wax.

it was the first time using the PC so i had the speed between 3.5 - 4 i will be going over the entire car again as there some light scratch that i thought the compound would take care of on the hood and roof. but i will be using a green medium cut pad with the compound instead of the orange light cutting pad. just wonder what would you recomend at what speed to use the compound at, the Glaze at and the final wax at?

thanks
Joe

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Stick with that same speed with the medium cutting pad to get the scratches out. For the glaze & wax back it down the 1-2.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
quote author=Eastcoast5.0 link=topic=3563.msg46020#msg46020 date=1158093292]
Stick with that same speed with the medium cutting pad to get the scratches out. For the glaze & wax back it down the 1-2.
[/quote]

See this is what I have never researched, I allways ran at like 3 for all pads and compounds then put it up to about 4.5 to finish it off after going over with it at the lower speed (3) mabye im using way too high of speeds. Although I am getting nice results?

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
See this is what I have never researched, I allways ran at like 3 for all pads and compounds then put it up to about 4.5 to finish it off after going over with it at the lower speed (3) mabye im using way too high of speeds. Although I am getting nice results?
I just think you get better coverage and an all around better coat with the glaze (especially RMG cause it's so thin) and wax when going slow. You're not buffing out scratches so you don't need the speed.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What I've seen, and did on the black cobra - was

4-5 on the polishes, until they break down.

3 on the waxes, very little pressure.

turned out great!
(this is also what Pinnical recommends)
:thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online