What thoughts did you have when you first got your Stang? What do you think now?

BlackStallion

Reaction score
My first thought: Man I miss my '89 GT.. my first v8 stick shift mustang... black w/ gray interior... had a lot of good times in that car, learned a lot of things. Dont know if I could ever replace it.

Was at a local ford dealer checking out an Mineral Gray '02 GT on the showroom floor with low miles (this was '05) and was like man, I love this car... but it's $12k or so.. I could never afford that. I asked a salesman if they have any older mustangs, they said they had one, and he couldnt remember much about it, turns out it was black, with gray interior, 5.0 and a 5speed. Factory 17's, sooo much car for the money. I checked it out in the lot and had to have it. Asked my parents to come up and check it out with me. Me n dad test drove it, I could tell it needed a clutch, and had a few other minor things wrong, but nothing to keep me from driving it.

They co-signed for it, and from what I remember it took a few days to process, since I didnt have any credit, and they werent sure if I was going to get it, well one day my mom called me and said there was a surprise at home, came home that day from work (driving my '77 Mustang II) and went to go put it in the garage, and found the black '94 from the ford dealer in there all pretty and shiney!!

I was soo damn excited... I thought I was hot shit for a while. Thought it would be a chick magnet, and thought it was FAST. I was wrong about all 3 of those things hahahaha

Although my friends hated SN95's you know, everyone loves foxbody stangs when youre young, they all took a ride in it with me and were hooked on it from then on.

Had 129,000 miles when I bought it, and it now has 240,000 miles on it. She's not as nice as she used to be, needs paint pretty badly, and has some rust developing, and we've been thru some ups and downs but it still runs great!

The day I got it:

now:

punched281

Reaction score
I thought holy santa clause shit, I just bought my first car. And it is a dream car. Is this real life!?!?! Now I sit there and think, wow it went from a v6 stock to a built 4.6. Sometimes I think about the other car I almost got, a 79 trans am with a 455 and a 4 speed. That thing woulda been hella fun.

BlackStallion, that thing looks incredible for 240k!!

MikeBo

Reaction score
Unlike most of you pups I bought my 94 GT convertible for wife in 94 brand new. People flocked to the car, believe it or not they were tremendously popular. At that time, they were a hell of a lot faster than a honda accord. Put cobra r wheels on it year one, and it attracted more attention than any car I had ever owned to that point.She drove it for two years and it has been babied all it's life, has 45,000 today. Hasn't been rained on since 96 or 97.

I kept the car for years when I really couldn't afford to, and didn't license it for a decade at one point. Twenty years latter I have a custom 331 built with trick flow heads and intake, replace gears, transmission, struts, exhaust, long tube headers, alternator, springs, etc. etc. Why, because I love the car, it brought my oldest son home from the hospital. Car has a perfect stock interior, the paint is still perfect, and it RUNS like it looks. Pissed away more money than its worth, but it's been my car for 20 years and I couldn't be happier.

Because many of you have cars that have multiple owners you may like to know the following, car has never been in the shop for a repair, never had one interior piece break, has zero rattles, until last month when I upgraded the brakes it had the original calipers, pads, and rotors. The cars were not pieces of shit, they just got the SHIT driven out of them.

Will it outrun a Coyote, probably not, but it will outrun most idiots that think "it's just an SN95"

Sorry if this was too wordy

mike

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I bought it new 3/28/98. I had the GT and The Cobra side by side with the hoods up and said To my dad "not getting the cobra would be like not getting a RT Dodge Challenger in 1970!" Then I said "look at the heads on the Cobra!" It was a done deal. I was 33 then and it was the first new car I ever bought. I remember saying to myself…. this is a lot of car for me…. respect it.

The car was a street/drag car most of it's life and went 11.66 @ 114 (1.51 60ft. time) 7.37 @ 91.93 in the 1/8 with a stock long block. The valve covers have never been off the car to this very day.

I just got back from going up in the attic and pulling all the parts I have taken off the car throughout the years and reinstalled them.

Today I'm in love with the car all over again! It has 46K original miles and I'm the original owner planning on putting some milage on it this year.

Here it is today!

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
When I first got it I was pumped that I'd have a badass car in a year when I got my license after turning 16...

Now I'm 17 and have this $6,000 pile of parts in my driveway that doesn't run at the moment.. LOL.

Also, [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION], idk about NY but I'm CT my permit was good anywhere in the country as long as I had a parent or someone over the age of 21 that's had no suspensions on their license in the last 4 years. Which was good because I love right on the MA/CT line so it'd be hard to avoid not driving in MA.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

lutter94

Reaction score
Was 14, it was 8 years old at the time. I'll admit I didn't know much about cars then, but this thing changed that.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
When I first got it I was pumped that I'd have a badass car in a year when I got my license after turning 16...

Now I'm 17 and have this $6,000 pile of parts in my driveway that doesn't run at the moment.. LOL.

Also, the5.ohh, idk about NY but I'm CT my permit was good anywhere in the country as long as I had a parent or someone over the age of 21 that's had no suspensions on their license in the last 4 years. Which was good because I love right on the MA/CT line so it'd be hard to avoid not driving in MA.

NY they actually stopped with the as long as you have someone over 21 who owns that car bs. They made it mandatory that you hadda drive a car with dual brakes. **** that, I drove with my parents and glad I did. Idk I went to get my car in Dirty Jerzey and I wasn't allowed to drive it, needed a license.

lutter94

Reaction score
SD is permit at 14, drive with an adult (18 and up, responsible) for 90 days. Then its restricted hours (like 630-10, idk) until 16. Wide open after that.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
In CT you have to be 16 for a permit. There's nothing prior to that that I'm aware of. There are rules like curfew unless school or work related and such that stick til you've had your license for 6 months.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Initially when I got my '97: Awesome! Felt like a badass.
When I sold it: Get this water-leaking POS with a bad trans out of my yard.

Initially when I got my '04: Ahh...home sweet home.
Now: Coming to terms with the fact that I must sell it. Can't afford to keep it and buy a baby hauler. I really "****ed" myself on that one (pun intended)

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Initially when I got my '97: Awesome! Felt like a badass.
When I sold it: Get this water-leaking POS with a bad trans out of my yard.

Initially when I got my '04: Ahh...home sweet home.
Now: Coming to terms with the fact that I must sell it. Can't afford to keep it and buy a baby hauler. I really "****ed" myself on that one (pun intended)

Sucks man.....

The D3V

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I was pumped, always wanted a gt, and at the ripe age of 24 I figured screw putting $3000 on my student loan debt I'm gonna get a little toy now that college is done and I have a good job. It's fun and keeps me busy fixing thigs. As a second car it's perfect, reliable for the most part, but always something more to do to it for improvement. I wouldn't want to dd a high mileage one like mine year round but for my situation it's the perfect car

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Before I got my 95 GTS I had my 94 Mustang GT convertible AUTOMATIC! it sucked more gas than a suv! I shit you not, I got 120-130 miles on one tank!. It was great car tho, I had gotten it 3 months before I got my license and got the car for $400 with a bad fuel pump from a lady that said not one mechanic out of 12 could fix it lol. Put a 255lph my dad had gotten off one of his friends and it started. It had a cobra bumper it was opal frost color and looked OK but it was SLOW!. Going to school, I was the only one with a mustang while everyone was driving buicks and grandma cars, and I had beat on mine which made it fun to cruise getting out of the parking lot. Kinda wish I would of kept it and converted it to 5-speed.

Today, My GTS is my pride and joy, even though I have thoughts of selling it and buy something else but I can't think of any other car that more reliable and cheaper to build. Next step for my car is to Get it into the 11.9's and put a carbed 351w w/ t56 transmission.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Most consistent thing in my life, emotionally and physically. It was my favorite then and I was so overjoyed to have it, and it's my favorite now and it still keeps me grinning.

I will admit I've become a bit more methodical with it. I begin to analyze all of its flaws, plan to correct them and pursue making the car better in every detail. Yet I also purposely left different parts of the car to its own devices. Builds character.

Anything breaks on this car, since day one, and I don't question it, I just throw whatever money it requires at it and never regret a thing.

Mikestang95

Reaction score
I have only had my SN95 for about 3 months but thought process went like this--

Then -- After a 3 1/2 hour drive in shitty weather and another incoming snowstorm -- I saw it and I had to have it. Traded even up for my 07 Ninja ZX6R. Drove back with it on the trailer and through the aforementioned snowstorm and was pumped!!!!

Now --- I should have gotten another fox body - these things are more temperamental than my wife (just kidding if she happens to ever see this post) ---- but now I am ok with my trade and I will just work through all the crap with this car and build it back to being the beast it should be.

Sorry for the long drawn out storyline

Sinned83

Reaction score
My 1st stang was a 4 eyed vert. It was stolen before I ever was of age to drive it...

I think now that car would be a monster to drive if I managed to keep it and keep my license

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I first bought this car it was in 1995. I had driven several Z28's first as that is what I originally intended to buy but the way they rattled was just insane. After a few test rides I knew I was buying another mustang and my first modular.

Now I should never have driven my vert in the rain on the test drive because I did not know how slow it really was until after I already bought it. I may have paid the extra money for a new Cobra :(

After all these years I still enjoy the car and will give it another transformation soon and enjoy it for hopefully another 20 years.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I went from a 96 Corolla to a 97GT and I super excited! I thought it was fast, also thought it was a chick magnet (actually it attracted this one cheerleader Nicole, but I was too puss to actually make something of it); boy was I wrong haha. Soon after I learned about the NPI crap and then started saving up for a white 97 Cobra because I loved the body style but it needed more go. Some times I should have listened to my dad and gotten a trans am, LS1 for the win.
Then I bought my white 97 Cobra over an 05GT and not sure how I feel about that now. I love how comfortable newer mustangs are and the way they sound with axleback exhaust instead of before the axle. Newer, and chicks like them hahaha. But I was happy because my Cobra was low mileage, bone stock, and mint (58k miles); not to mention with an X pipe, catback, and gears I've put some hurt on a few STis and a couple Mach 1s.

Still not sure whether I should have bought the 05GT though :?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online