what to do what to do....

97mustgt

Reaction score
I have a 97 gt with the stock 4.6 and some bolt ons and i wana do a motor swap but idk what i should do. here is what i was thinkin about i really like the idea of the sn95 with the 03-04 cobra swap. but i also think about keeping my motor and rebuilding it and forging the internals and running a turbo or supercharger. I'm looking for the best option for power,performance, reliability, and street ablility because this car is my dd i dont wana build a strip car but i want around 400 to 500 at the wheels so i can take it to the strip. i think the 03 04 swap would be best but does anyone else have any input? FYI money really isn't the issue i don't wanna do a budget build i wanna make my car one of a kind. :headbang: :laughing4:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Cobra swaps have been done, so it won't be a one of a kind. There are a bunch on this board that have done it, so you can get some good build info from them.

jabird

Reaction score
I like Chris' idea, but do it with twin STS Turbos. See December issue Mustang Enthusiast page 60. They sound so awesome! :eek:ccasion14:

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jabird said:
I like Chris' idea, but do it with twin STS Turbos. See December issue Mustang Enthusiast page 60. They sound so awesome! :eek:ccasion14:

eh... for 425hp, id jsut throw a blower on it... why f***GGG with turbos, and reverse headers, etc. etc. etc.

OP
OP

97mustgt

Reaction score
well now im just thinking about doing a regular 97 4v cobra motor swap and putting a supercharger on it and call it a day what u guys think?

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
97mustgt said:
well now im just thinking about doing a regular 97 4v cobra motor swap and putting a supercharger on it and call it a day what u guys think?

Would be alot cheaper and less work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online