What to look for on used exhaust?

IcySN195

Reaction score
There's a guy on craigslist selling two SLP stainless steel x pipes, one w high flow cats and the other catless w all spots for the sensors.

He wants 150$ each, is there anything serious I should look for? This will be my first time buying exhaust.

And wich one should I go for? I'd rather have the catless one to be honest

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Grind marks, if it's flat on the bottom

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are they made to hook up to long/shorty's?

And then as he said how many times has it been dragged across something? The bottoms of the X's can get pretty beat up on lowered cars.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
surprised he's asking the same for both, catted pipes are usually 2-3x the price. Find out what they cost new and shoot for half the price or less depending on condition.

OP
OP
IcySN195

IcySN195

Reaction score
surprised he's asking the same for both, catted pipes are usually 2-3x the price. Find out what they cost new and shoot for half the price or less depending on condition.

He said 460 new. I'm thinking I might go for something else. What's a good option to free my exhaust up a bit without breaking the pockets?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
He said 460 new. I'm thinking I might go for something else. What's a good option to free my exhaust up a bit without breaking the pockets?

I went with UPR. They had the cheapest X-pipe at them time. Fit wasn't perfect, but for the price it was nice.

Are you looking for catted or no?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
well a midpipe is one of the cheapest and best way to free up exhaust flow and sound, do you have a totally stock exhaust?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online