what will it take for a 94 cobra to smoke lt1s??

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
C5s are weak. C6s and ZO6s are my favorite victims these days. :pimp2:

G

GREG@SN95

94 cobra would take very little to beat an lt1

but like said... ls1 is another story...
If ya got rid of the restrictive heads, bought a cam and nice valvetrain to compliment it, a good exhaust w/ LTs, 4:10s, build the rear and get some sticky tires... ya should be able to pull one...

or Nitrous or a KB...

forget about vettes... lol... they're fuckin race cars...

5.0man

Reaction score
one of my friend has a 98 with vortech, 42# injectors, power pipe, cold air, gears, shifter, 2.5 in exhaust with h-pipe. With 2 people in the stag and one in the t/a. The t/a stayed 1 car ahead of us. After he got it tuned we started the pi head swap and found a nice size piece of piston missing. So he sold his s/c and his stang is waitin for a DSS 5.0 modular motor. So its just sitting there collecting dust. Oh well. When he had it dynoed and tunded he made 305hp at the wheels.

mike

G

GREG@SN95

5.0man said:
one of my friend has a 98 with vortech, 42# injectors, power pipe, cold air, gears, shifter, 2.5 in exhaust with h-pipe. With 2 people in the stag and one in the t/a. The t/a stayed 1 car ahead of us. After he got it tuned we started the pi head swap and found a nice size piece of piston missing. So he sold his s/c and his stang is waitin for a DSS 5.0 modular motor. So its just sitting there collecting dust. Oh well. When he had it dynoed and tunded he made 305hp at the wheels.

mike
well yah if he had a bad piston... that car > ls1 (with good pidtons, lol)

94twinscrew

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:

I second that.....nothing is sweeter than seeing the look of disgust on a 50 year old guy as you pull away from him in a 12 year old car :thumb: There's so many of them around here,you could throw a rock,and hit 3.

I was gettin pestered last week on the way home and this local guy with a 05, wouldn't get off my ass(which I can't stand having done to me), so I down shifted into 3rd and roasted the tires.......all over his POS

G

GREG@SN95

94twinscrew said:
TRUUBLE said:

I second that.....nothing is sweeter than seeing the look of disgust on a 50 year old guy as you pull away from him in a 12 year old car :thumb: There's so many of them around here,you could throw a rock,and hit 3.

I was gettin pestered last week on the way home and this local guy with a 05, wouldn't get off my ass(which I can't stand having done to me), so I down shifted into 3rd and roasted the tires.......all over his POS

lol... twin screw KB FTW! :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3:

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
Personally driver skill alone, a good launch and quick precise shifts should be enough to get an lt1. They haul ass, but those t-56 trannys arnt all they are made up to be.... (I had a lt1 camaro). Now an ls1 hmm.... not messing with them anytime soon (ill leave them to the 4.6 :) ) 6- bolt mains, composite dry intake, coil per cylinder ignition.... THATS A RACE MOTOR! lol :lame:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Anyone with a 4.6 snake race one? (LS1) I tried racing an 01 formula in the rain and both of us could not hook up at all so we said f* it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Anyone with a 4.6 snake race one? (LS1) I tried racing an 01 formula in the rain and both of us could not hook up at all so we said f* it.

I never got to run one when I first got mine back in Febuary when it was stock ( it was only stock for a week before all my current bolt-ons went on, except for the JLT) but any way I have run a handfull since then. I have lost once to a 01 SS ( friends car) his only bolt-ons is exhaust and a 75 shot ( auto also), I can pull him by a car or two if he doesnt spray but with the nos hes got me by a few. Other than that, I guess Ive been lucky not to run into any that have serious mods because thats the only loss I have to date :dunno:

one side note, Im going by what he said as far as the nos being only a 75 it could be more I dont know, the only thing I can tell you is that he gets me at the top of second and pulls pretty steady to a 2 or 3 car lead. Off the nos, I dont pull him quite as bad but its just as steady just not as many lengths between, maybe two tops.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
94GtStAnG5o said:

I never got to run one when I first got mine back in Febuary when it was stock ( it was only stock for a week before all my current bolt-ons went on, except for the JLT) but any way I have run a handfull since then. I have lost once to a 01 SS ( friends car) his only bolt-ons is exhaust and a 75 shot ( auto also), I can pull him by a car or two if he doesnt spray but with the nos hes got me by a few. Other than that, I guess Ive been lucky not to run into any that have serious mods because thats the only loss I have to date :dunno:

one side note, Im going by what he said as far as the nos being only a 75 it could be more I dont know, the only thing I can tell you is that he gets me at the top of second and pulls pretty steady to a 2 or 3 car lead. Off the nos, I dont pull him quite as bad but its just as steady just not as many lengths between, maybe two tops.

I don't want to talk any trash or be rude especially considering im the new kid on the block here, but an lt1 also has a lot of balls, maybe not as much as an ls1, but not way far off. A stock sn95 gt mustang would need more then just some bolt ons and 3:73's to take an lt1 car down. How do I know? I've had both, can you say the same? I had a 94 lt1 z28 camaro with t tops. Stock except for a hood and flow master exhaust. My mustang has 4:10's a short throw, mac mufflers, a k&n filter, and a coil, and my old z28 would give it a hurting. In first and maybe half way through second the mustang would get the jump, but then after that the z28 would go right by. Your a mustang guy, and I'm sorta both a camaro and a mustang guy( I just dislike imports). From the factory lt1's and ls1's were down right mean motors. The gt mustangs just couldn't come anywhere close until 03-04 cobra's came out which would beat an ls1 and beat a lt1 by even more. However as we all know camaros stopped production in 02. So please no biased information, it does nothing for anyone, but get their hopes up and then have them crushed.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Snakebit said:
94GtStAnG5o said:

I don't want to talk any trash or be rude especially considering im the new kid on the block here, but an lt1 also has a lot of balls, maybe not as much as an ls1, but not way far off. A stock sn95 gt mustang would need more then just some bolt ons and 3:73's to take an lt1 car down. How do I know? I've had both, can you say the same? I had a 94 lt1 z28 camaro with t tops. Stock except for a hood and flow master exhaust. My mustang has 4:10's a short throw, mac mufflers, a k&n filter, and a coil, and my old z28 would give it a hurting. In first and maybe half way through second the mustang would get the jump, but then after that the z28 would go right by. Your a mustang guy, and I'm sorta both a camaro and a mustang guy( I just dislike imports). From the factory lt1's and ls1's were down right mean motors. The gt mustangs just couldn't come anywhere close until 03-04 cobra's came out which would beat an ls1 and beat a lt1 by even more. However as we all know camaros stopped production in 02. So please no biased information, it does nothing for anyone, but get their hopes up and then have them crushed.

I dont understand the point in your post ??? I was just answering the question of has a 4.6 run a Ls1 car.......I said nothing about comparing a Lt1 with a LS1 :dunno:
I have respect for both of them, but the bottom line is who has the money in the engine bay.......I have a little in mine put in the right places so I can easily handle a stock LS1 or LT1.

just to point out something here in addition...........Im not useing a 5.0 stang, Im useing 32 vavles of modular power :khobra: :khobra:

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
However you might have that motor in your car and I wouldn't doubt you saying that your car could beat an lt1. An ls1 i'd say it's kind of iffy. However the point of my post is, its going to take more then bolt on mods and 373's on his 94 cobra to even keep up with a lt1. That was my point.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
However you might have that motor in your car and I wouldn't doubt you saying that your car could beat an lt1. An ls1 i'd say it's kind of iffy. However the point of my post is, its going to take more then bolt on mods and 373's on his 94 cobra to even keep up with a lt1. That was my point.

that may be true in the case of a 94...........but as far as mine goes I KNOW MY CAR IS A LOW 12 SECOND CAR, I sold my 91 two years ago, to a good bud of mine, it had full boltons with heads and E303 cam and ran 12.30's on a regular basis on BFG Dr's. Right after I got my current mods on the corba he just could not wait to line them up to see if my high dollar car could hang with the 15 year old fox that I decided " I was tired of driving ::)" needless to say he has not asked to line up anymore :ass3:. Anyway after that long trip down memory lane, I honestly have full confidence that A STOCK Ls1 car is no problem for me to out perform, with the 430's I'm running and the fact that I only use 295 18inch DR's my car jumps out of the hole VERY quick and pulls like crazy up to around 6400rpm and eats my 91 like birthday cake. I'm not trying to start a E argument ( we don't have those on this site :police:) but I'm going to defend what I believe and KNOW to be true. 8)

hey if you have a stock LS1 and your in the eastern NC area, I'd be glad to show you what I mean :banana:

Spyder

Reaction score
I have ran a camaro with an LS1 swap with an auto tranny and i wasnt impressed at all. He took me off the line due to my spinning, but every gear i continues to catch up till we hit the top of third and my bumper was at his front fender and i was starting to pull on him.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

that may be true in the case of a 94...........but as far as mine goes I KNOW MY CAR IS A LOW 12 SECOND CAR, I sold my 91 two years ago, to a good bud of mine, it had full boltons with heads and E303 cam and ran 12.30's on a regular basis on BFG Dr's. Right after I got my current mods on the corba he just could not wait to line them up to see if my high dollar car could hang with the 15 year old fox that I decided " I was tired of driving ::)" needless to say he has not asked to line up anymore :ass3:. Anyway after that long trip down memory lane, I honestly have full confidence that A STOCK Ls1 car is no problem for me to out perform, with the 430's I'm running and the fact that I only use 295 18inch DR's my car jumps out of the hole VERY quick and pulls like crazy up to around 6400rpm and eats my 91 like birthday cake. I'm not trying to start a E argument ( we don't have those on this site :police:) but I'm going to defend what I believe and KNOW to be true. 8)

hey if you have a stock LS1 and your in the eastern NC area, I'd be glad to show you what I mean :banana:

I don't really so much doubt you since you are a very nice guy, but when you add it up it doesn't figure out. You haven't had your car dyno'd have you? If I knew how much horsepower your car was putting to the ground and how well it really has responded to the mods you have done then I could understand a bit better, however being as I don't have too many mods done to my car, i'm not sure how it will really respond to mods. My good friend has a 94 cobra that puts down over 300 to the wheels, but he has a lot done to his car. This is a list I got from his car teams website.
Trickflow alum. heads
Trickflow roller rockers
Trickflow pushrods
Comp Cam XE264HR cam
MSD GAL ignition system
MSD Blaster coil
3.73 rear end gears
MAC shorty headers
MAC O/R H-pipe
Dynomax SuperTurbo catback
Pro-M 80mm MAF
FMS 65mm throttle body
Pro 5.0 short throw shifter
TwEECer computer system
FMS 9mm ignition wires
Forte's clutch quadrant w/ adjuster
Pro-M controller
Pioneer SFF harmonic balancer
Oil separator kit

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Snakebit said:
95Grandtouring5.0 said:

I don't really so much doubt you since you are a very nice guy, but when you add it up it doesn't figure out. You haven't had your car dyno'd have you? If I knew how much horsepower your car was putting to the ground and how well it really has responded to the mods you have done then I could understand a bit better, however being as I don't have too many mods done to my car, i'm not sure how it will really respond to mods. My good friend has a 94 cobra that puts down over 300 to the wheels, but he has a lot done to his car. This is a list I got from his car teams website.
Trickflow alum. heads
Trickflow roller rockers
Trickflow pushrods
Comp Cam XE264HR cam
MSD GAL ignition system
MSD Blaster coil
3.73 rear end gears
MAC shorty headers
MAC O/R H-pipe
Dynomax SuperTurbo catback
Pro-M 80mm MAF
FMS 65mm throttle body
Pro 5.0 short throw shifter
TwEECer computer system
FMS 9mm ignition wires
Forte's clutch quadrant w/ adjuster
Pro-M controller
Pioneer SFF harmonic balancer
Oil separator kit

Im sure you are a nice guy too, and I want to be bud's so I'll give you my secret info :naughty: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Ok bone stock dyno the same week I got the cobra was 272hp and 280tq ( I have the sheet its posted in the Lounge area ) that was completely stock and with 3:27 gears. By the way that is what the car should make at the wheels with a flywheel rate of 320hp from Ford. Anyway I have full exhaust now ( long-tubes X pipe and catback ) a Jlt coldair system, and pulleys........from other Cobras with the SAME BOLT-ONS they are around 310-330 RWHP. My gear change is also a HUGE help in my cars performance the 4:30's are SICK :puke: they are the GEAR to run for a KICK ASS 4-valve I have no dobut that they probally cut half a second off my ET when used with sticky tires.......such as my BFG Dr's that are on my car all the time. I have not been back to the dyno to have my tune done yet, but when I do I will again post my dyno sheet and a time slip, because when I go to get it tuned I will go right across the street to Coastal Plains Dragway in Jacksonville NC and make a few passes :dancing6: :dancing6:. One final note my only slip I have on the corba now is on street tires and is 13.49 @104 with gears and DR's that would have been a 12 second run right there

94pacecar435

Reaction score
the ls1 cant lose huh ::) well , im 100% positive that snakebite will give lots of ls1s a hurting. and since this thread beggined, back when i was mostly stock, i seriously doubt i cant give a few ls1s a hurting. check my mods, i think i can take on an lt1 dont ya?????

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
i personally was inside a stock 2000 camaro ss, when a 03-04 mach1 with just a cai, and full exhaust smoked us.the camaro never hooked , but my friend took it to 100mph and still couldnt catch up. so i also know snakebit will SMOKE ls1s. also 94 cobras are a lot different than a 94 gt.a 94 cobra puts down 230rwhp stock.all it needs is gears, cai , underdrives, and a good driver to take on an lt1.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.