what would be a better deal?

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
i could buy the bullitt suspension kit and MM c/c plates from stangsuspension for $762.13 including tax shipping and discount. or i could buy KYB AGX shocks/struts from American Muscle and MM c/c plates from Stangsuspension for a total of $635.75

the difference is that the bullitt suspension kit comes with tokico HP shocks/struts, sway bars and springs. But how good are these sway bars and springs??

if i go with the KYB i know i would be getting a lot better of a shock/strut but then i would need to save up to buy some Eibach Springs.

also is it really worth upgrading the sway bars on a car that will mostly be a DD but with some trips to strip and some canyons??

oh and all of this will be going on my 94 gt vert

ReplicaR

Reaction score
For "canyons" even stock suspension will do. Take my word on that.

I think AGX is supposed to be a better shock than Tok HP series, but I don't know how much better. Chances are that you are not going to run spring rate high enough to find out. What comes in Bullitt Kit (ford C spring I think), is a very mild spring, with a small drop, so either one of the shocks would be able to keep up with that spring. The sway bars that come in that kit are pretty decent, but they do not have the same stiffness as the Cobra bars or Eibach bars for example, so you will still see some understeer.

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Yes Dmitry the bullit suspension springs are the same as the c-springs.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
so bascially the bullitt kit would be a good starter kit for the money. the KYB AGX would be a good shock to get that would allow for more suspension mods in the future. Right?? there is no real big rush for these parts so i am kinda thinking it might be better to go with the KYBs, MM c/c plates, and save up a little more for the eibach pro-kit springs. then for some good sway bars.

i just dont want to buy the Bullitt suspension kit and be disappointed with it 6 months down the road.

if you guys were going to spend roughly about $750 to $800 what type of setup would you go with?

oh and i already have some MM full length sub frame connecters and LCA ready to put on.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Let me tell you something about suspension modification. It's an ongoing process. It will never stop. You will always want more grip, and crispier turn in, or more stability on the corner exit. If you are getting KYB AGX as a starter shock, then you are starting in the wrong place. The common concensus is that some of the best off the shelf shocks are made by either Bilstein or Koni. I personally run Koni, because I like the adjustability, and confortable ride when I'm not racing the car on the track. Bilstein is a kick ass shock as well, and is actually cheaper to revalve/rebuild than Koni by a good margin.

Springs, well, are really up to you. If you want handling you will not be able to go low. If you want looks, the car will not handle as good, due to mustang suspension design. H&R make good springs. Not a fan of Eibach, simply because they lower the car too far and have weaksause spring rates (really progressive and not very high at full stiffness, good for comfort/ bad for performance). The combo I'm on right now is very basic and worked pretty good. I got Koni Single Adjustable off ebay for 520 shipped. H&R Race springs set me back 240 shipped. 760 total for a track capable, and still comfortable to drive every day suspension.

If you want more information, just search for shocks and springs and do some reading. There is a buttload of tech on this board.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i wouldnt buy a Bullet suspension kit. A bullet doesnt handle all great anyways.

Piece together your own set up. And buy a set of Bigger sway bars.... its a night and day difference with huge bars.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
why would the KYB AGX be a wrong choice as a starter shock? i was thinking that them being a good shock that allows adjustablity they would allow more room for growth. i have considered bilstiens too and have heard good things about them as well.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My personal preference, i dont like Koni.... either tokico or bilstein

ReplicaR

Reaction score
AGX is a good shock but for something with low spring rate. AGX will barely be able to valve H&R Race springs, and that's only getting started in the performance spring world. There is a reason why AGX is cheaper than both Koni and Bilstein. Both Koni and Bilstein will be able to valve much higher spring rates out of the box, and if you need more, you can always have them revalved. Koni will cost you less upfront, but it's twice as much to get revalved as Bilstein.

That Koni kit looks like a good deal, but I have searched far and wide, and still was unable to find the spring rates that kit has. Tuning car for handling with unknown spring rate just sounds like a bad idea to me. Don't ever buy anything that does not provide concrete data on the product.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
That Koni kit looks like a good deal, but I have searched far and wide, and still was unable to find the spring rates that kit has. Tuning car for handling with unknown spring rate just sounds like a bad idea to me. Don't ever buy anything that does not provide concrete data on the product. (quote)

yea that true. i spent some more time pricing things out and i could get koni, bilstiens, or tokico illumina with MM c/c plates roughly for the same price. they all add up to about $772 for tokicos, $781 for bilstiens, and Koni single adj for $778. so i probably am just going to up a little more money and get a set of the bilstiens.