what would it take?

BlackCobra50

Reaction score
realitygt said:
for me to get to about mid to low 13's?

what i have is in my sig

Get a 10 foot wing a A LOT of stickers that say TYPE R :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Lightning Struck said:
my Lightning pulling your car :coolsmiley:

:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

hater :crazy2: :crazy2:
realitygt said:
sʇǝɟ said:
Don't waste money on plenum and tb. The stock one is fine with a deleted air silencer imo

your right the stock parts are smaller and with the larger ones you would suck in more air.......but as long as its hitting that NON PI wall of sucky heads/intake/and cams its not going to do any good. The TB and plenum is just a part of the overall performance package and NOT whats going to get you where you need to go. The gears will be the big bang toward the right direction until you get into the engine.

well stock is smaller. :dunno:

ok so, basically just bolts on that i could get away with that couldn't hurt the engine at all.

i think i could get to like a mid 13 with gears, the tb/plenum, pi intake, some coils and wires and a tune.

and high 13's without the gears.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well you still got the shitty npi heads and cams.

If it was to me I would do

4.10 gears
PI intake
Tune
Save TB/Plenum money for PI heads and cams.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I suggest a new car, the slowness 2 valve 4.6 is pointless, the money involved is not justifiable. 4v or no modular for me, and i chose to buy me another 5.0 car. Which I have already :) If your going to even bother with anything, put a whole damn PI motor in it, otherwise don't waste your time and hard earned dough.

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
sʇǝɟ said:
Well you still got the shitty npi heads and cams.

If it was to me I would do

4.10 gears
PI intake
Tune
Save TB/Plenum money for PI heads and cams.

see i don't wanna do cams or heads. I don't want to get into the engine at all. just bolt ons.

V said:
I suggest a new car, the slowness 2 valve 4.6 is pointless, the money involved is not justifiable. 4v or no modular for me, and i chose to buy me another 5.0 car. Which I have already :) If your going to even bother with anything, put a whole damn PI motor in it, otherwise don't waste your time and hard earned dough.
oh c'mon... get out of here 2v hater.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
:hammer: :hammer: I HAVE a 2v, and a 3v shelby GT. THEY ARE NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. It's kinda hard to discredit someones opinion when they own one, have owned more then a fair share. Hell i've even had a lightning, which is the ONLY 2v worth your time. Unless you have no plans of cracking 12's, you'll be fine, otherwise move on, or just buy one big ass bottle

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its not even worth then if you just do simple bolt ons which aren't exactly cheap for the mod motors

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
V said:
:hammer: :hammer: I HAVE a 2v, and a 3v shelby GT. THEY ARE NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. It's kinda hard to discredit someones opinion when they own one, have owned more then a fair share. Hell i've even had a lightning, which is the ONLY 2v worth your time. Unless you have no plans of cracking 12's, you'll be fine, otherwise move on, or just buy one big ass bottle

well to a point you have a case, BUT .......if money is not a issue the 2v will perform just fine. Granted it will cost a fortune and you will be limited by the small displacement, you can still make over 300rwhp and for a 281 cube motor thats pretty damn good.

Now the 3v, they are just as strong as the 4v engine, so whats your problem with them??

And YES the L is the modular monster.......all HAIL :boink: :boink:

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
sʇǝɟ said:
Its not even worth then if you just do simple bolt ons which aren't exactly cheap for the mod motors

well i'll probably end up supercharging it in a couple years, but if i do, i'll keep the stock NPI heads, just ported maybe.

I just want to have a pretty quick car with bolt on's that will hold it's own, and I don't want to waste my time on buying something that couldn't transfer over to future mods.

so according to you, my car isn't even worth my time?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
sʇǝɟ said:

exactly. I saved up money for cams, had my PI and a 5 speed swap sitting on the floor in the shop, next to the car. I woke up oneday, and said thats it. It took me months to find the money to do it all, how will I ever progress afterwards with the car when everything costs a thousand dollars or more. I've been around this block with dave and many other folks, and 5.0s, if you want to go fast, are straight up the best motor to do so with. I could take a saturday, go to the junkyard, and come home with enough parts to put my car in the twelves, and these are all factory parts, off of explorers and such. It's sickening to not be able to do that with a 2v.

Lightning Struck said:
V said:

well to a point you have a case, BUT .......if money is not a issue the 2v will perform just fine. Granted it will cost a fortune and you will be limited by the small displacement, you can still make over 300rwhp and for a 281 cube motor thats pretty damn good.

Now the 3v, they are just as strong as the 4v engine, so whats your problem with them??

It's more the car then the motor, very hard to work on when to just put heads on it you have to dropped the motor out. They are just as expensive as 4v's on top of what the cars already cost. Kinda inefficient. The L's are the modular monsters. They are basically the only star of the 2v lineup. It's ridiculous when a small block with only 2v's can punch out 400+ all motor and the 2v's cap out at 350. It's not bad, but expensive, for only 350 in a 2v.

Paul said:
realitygt said:

Pushrods. :)

I do believe paul, thats the first thing we've ever agreed on. Stop that, before we actually start to get along :dunno:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
realitygt said:

I would agree with this......before I built a 2v I think I would just scrap it in favor of a pushrod engine, unless I could get a 4v at a decent price.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Lightning Struck said:
V said:

All it takes is intake/exhaust to hit high 12's.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I mean its not worth it to blow money on something that won't give you good results over something that will.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
realitygt said:
Paul said:
realitygt said:

but i have to dig up a dinosaur to find those.

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: new quote going in my sig :rollinglaugh:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
V said:
I do believe paul, thats the first thing we've ever agreed on. Stop that, before we actually start to get along :dunno:

Would it be better if I started calling you names or something?

Okay.

Your momma wears combat boots.

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
well I'm j/w i guess, cause most of this isn't going to happen for a long time. it's just gonna be intake, exhaust and soon to be lowered for a long time. I just spent 1k on exhaust and everything after 2k in my account is going towards buying that nova.

good results to me would be a mid 13 second car as a DD with only bolt ons.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Paul said:
realitygt said:

Would it be better if I started calling you names or something?

Okay.
Your momma wears combat boots.
[/quote]
:hammer: It's just that we never get along, because your an egotistical prick, but it's the first thing we've agree upon.

AaRoN said:
sʇǝɟ said:
I mean its not worth it to blow money on something that won't give you good results over something that will.

Good results in your eyes may not be what good results are to him though.

good results are basically good bang for your buck mods. If you feel like throwing money away, be my guest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online