What's the rear headliner trim look like and where can I get one?

Viper007Bond

Reaction score
Hi everyone. :)

When I bought my 2001 GT hardtop, I didn't notice that the rear of the headliner was sagging a bit. There's no plastic piece there -- just the headliner sagging a little and the painted roof above it. Presumably there is supposed to be a trim piece there, right? Can anyone post a photo of theirs so I know what I need, plus can anyone recommend a place to get one?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure there is no plastic piece in the rear. Is it just the material or the whole thing?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, but that's because I bought my car missing the headliner and I never used adhesive for the replacement... I don't think there's any trim back there. Just got to glue the headliner to the roof.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like someone tried to pull it out then. The headliner is actually glued into the car. Truth be told I think ford revers engineered some alien technology that allows them to weld cardboard to steel as you would be amazed how hard it is to pull that thing out. I think they tried to make it part of the structure of the car in case of a roll over....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican