Wheel Bearings

lutter94

Reaction score
Does anyone see any issues with this hub assembly from Rock Auto for my 95 Cobra? Does anyone know if it is a good part or junk? Thanks.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2924991&cc=1134188&jsn=456

Just ordered a bunch of front end parts for a 2003 explorer sport, and those WJB's were 1/4 the price of the MOOG's. I tried to research them some, and saw a lot of negative reviews, some pages even had pictures of the differences in thicknesses (WJB was a lot thinner material where it mattered). When I redid the Mustang front end this summer, I bought Timkens. I don't think I would flinch at only $20 more each for a better rep'd brand.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
MOOG or Timken thats the only two I'd trust. I put timken front wheel bearings in my 95 a few months ago, no complaints. You MUST torque the nut to around 220 ft lbs with a torque wrench.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What 5ohh said ^^^

Moog is the way to go with anything I've come across so far. All my front end components in my Silverado and Mustang are Moog. It's not often you can tell a ball joint from one another - You know a Moog ball joint.

Timken are among the best bearings I've come across in my 27yrs around. Everything from BMX bearings back in the day, bearings for my Dirtbikes and whatnot, and even bearings I've used at work in the plastic injection industry.

Magic

Reaction score
OEMs are KOYO I believe. Cant go wrong with KOYO or TIMKEN bearings. Another good one is SKF and FAG/Schaeffler (Germany).

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes! I'll quote someone who has been rebuilding 8.8's for years: "Bearings need to say Timken on them or I won't use them".

To add onto this, I'm a plastic injection toolmaker and all we use is Timken. It's proven to be the best for many years.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

Slipperman

Reaction score
To add onto this, I'm a plastic injection toolmaker and all we use is Timken. It's proven to be the best for many years.
Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S
I'll second that.
I work in Aerospace. We supply MOOG for aircraft components and they are also top tier.
I look for Timken (Fafnir) first, but for other applications SKF, FAG, NTN are all good choices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online