Wheel color opinion needed

coma4by

Reaction score
Well, I think the time has come to replace my wheels on my GT. I like my current wheels, but the chrome needs to be redone which is too expensive at the moment. About $400 a wheel which i will probably do at some point down the road when I'm not private school poor once my kids graduate. These are Ford Racing wheels purchased in 98 which i think will be worth getting rechromed one day since they are period correct and putting them back on the car.

Until then, i'm going to get something else and I'm leaning towards SVE's liquid gold series 1 wheels. In my mind it would look good on my teal GT. The safe choice obviously is the gloss silver. But I'm curious about what you guys think about the gold on teal. Just want to make sure im not crazy. Haha I included pics of the car and wheels, but the car to my eye has more green in person over what the pics show.

laramik

Reaction score
I think it would indeed work but it's definitely ugly as sin. If that makes sense. Go silver not gold

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

akaNYr

Reaction score
I agree with laramik, the gold would work but the silver would look nicer. To me the gold is flashy, something a teen would get. The silver looks stylish, classy and a more serious owner. That's just my thoughts.:)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't say I see gold/teal going all that well myself. If you really want to change it up go with black. Its not going to make the wheel pop like the gold by any means but I think with the tinted windows it would look cool

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I love wheels with color! Pick what you want and roll with it! I believe any color you choose....youll make it work
7aa98f602780696258d45bf6a18d7cc2.jpg

Reaction score
I think blue w/gold is one of the best combinations there is, but that’s me.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Car looks more Bright atlantic blue than teal lol. But I tried to give it more of a teal vibe. Wheels look ok I guess but I would personally stick with what you have and maybe stagger the rears a tad and drop it a couple inches. But here's a quick chop for ya...hope it helps

308zjoz.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I would go for a darker color then lighter myself. Black is cool but maybe something like mentioned before a gunmetal or a dark graphite type of color myself.

cobraracer46

Reaction score
These threads are fascinating because it’s interesting to see people who are unsure about what they want in terms of looks.

Picking a favorite color should be a decision that one should be able to handle without help from others.

You said you like gold so go with that. Who cares what the rest of these mustang drivers think? It’s your car, not theirs .

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
These threads are fascinating because it’s interesting to see people who are unsure about what they want in terms of looks.

Picking a favorite color should be a decision that one should be able to handle without help from others.

You said you like gold so go with that. Who cares what the rest of these mustang drivers think? It’s your car, not theirs .

Just like who cares what you think about anything?!? The answer is simple, it’s no one.

To the op, if you ever have questions please feel free to ask. Obviously your opinion is what matters but we’re all here to help you chose if that’s what you ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Some color combos you don’t realize would look good until you see them together, so I like these sorts of threads. My friend put white wheels with polished lips on his grey car. Sounds hideous, right? Well it actually looks amazing. Who woulda thought?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Some color combos you don’t realize would look good until you see them together, so I like these sorts of threads. My friend put white wheels with polished lips on his grey car. Sounds hideous, right? Well it actually looks amazing. Who woulda thought?

I’d like to see this. What kind of car?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.