Wheel help???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bluextc, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Bluextc

Bluextc Well-Known Member

The husband totally shocked me tonight. He told me to order him a new shift knob (I just had the shifter I got him installed for him today), and as I was about to place the order, he said, "wait, anything else there cool I might want?" and I said, "Yes, I think you should get yourself a supercharger". He said "no, not yet, that's a couple years away, what else?". So I, joking around cause I know he's never going to say yes, said "you could order me the wheels I want". He asked me what they cost, and then said to order them! Well, when he tells me to order a part, I have to do it then and there, or he changes his mind the next day, so I ordered 2 17x8 Black Bullitts and 2 17x10.5 Black Bullitts from American Muscle. No tires yet, I have to wait a little, but he said I can start burning mine up if I want to quicken it.
    Anyway, now I've ordered these wheels and don't know about fitment issues. Do I need anything else or to do anything to the car to make the wider wheels/tires fit on the back?
    Thanks for any help and sorry for being such a noob...

2. 4point6GT

4point6GT Active Member

on a new edge they will be perfect, i got 17x10.5 chrome bullitts outback with 315s 8)

3. Bluextc

Cool, thank you! :)

4. 4point6GT

4point6GT Active Member

perfect choice btw, black bullitts :pimp: ......tell your man " honey look waht i can do" and melt them tires on your driveway lol....jk ( talkin bout your currents ones )

5. Bluextc

haha, I really am a noob, no clue how to do a burnout, :-[ he said he will teach me.

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

easiest way for a noob is to rev up to like 4500/5k dump the clutch and then jump on the brake with your left foot.

once you get more experience you can try holding the brake with your right foot and touching the gas with the other half of it while the left leg is free to use the clutch so you can shift to second/third while smoking them :D

7. Bluextc

Thanks! I'm so excited! ;D

8. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

Just another tidbit BFG is a true 315. Nitto is way small 315. you can actually fit the nitto 315 on a 9in wide wheel i would go 265/45/17 in front and 315/35/17 in rear or somewhere close

9. scarface

scarface Guest

congrats NEWB...lol O0

10. Bluextc

Will 265's fit on the 8" wheel? I was thinking 245's in the front (what I have now). And thanks for the info on the 315's, I was gonna start researching which tires in the next day or two...

And thanks David, lol. :)

11. WyoTechMSA

WyoTechMSA Well-Known Member

265s will fit an 8 inch wheel just fine. I would stick with a narrower tire in the front though because unless you run a wide wheel, the wider the front tire, the more it will feel like your car is wandering at highway speeds. Honestly I would stick with a 245/45/17. Ive found that to be the best front tire for my car atleast. As far as the back, if you do go 315s, BFG and Sumitomo tend to run a bit wider than Nitto. Also GoodYear runs pretty wide but I doubt you wanna spend that kinda cha ching on tires that youre just gonna blow off

12. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

i believe mine were 17x9 and a 245 was a tad to small. maybe if you went just a hair bigger than a 245.

13. WyoTechMSA

WyoTechMSA Well-Known Member

Well 8 inch wheels are perfect for a 245, but youre right, a 9 inch wheel needs a 255 or more

14. 95Boss

95Boss Active Member

Black Bullitts are pure sex. Great choice. You should have no issues with 315's out back on a new edge.

15. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

nice wheel combo O0 is your ride lowered yet?

16. Shocker98GT

Shocker98GT Active Member

Pleeeeease put up some pics when you're done O0 I've got an atlantic blue and I'm stoll between a few different types of rims. After I get rid of the 4x4 look, of course

17. GDawg

GDawg Well-Known Member

So.... this isn't really 'jacking your thread cause you mentioned it, but what shifter did you buy your husband?

I've got an MGW and I bought a knob from them that has the running pony and it's a pistol grip. I really like it.

MGW Short throw

[​IMG]

Pistol Grip

[​IMG]

Just adding that cause you said you were going to buy him a grip. They have other cool ones too. Great Company.

18. Bluextc

I know. ;) I have the MGW shifter and the same shift knob in my car.
    And I bought him the MGW shifter for his 06, which is awesome! and he picked out a Roush shift knob, but I don't think he's too happy with it.

19. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Congrads, those will make your car look sick >:D