When do you need a cage?

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
To be honest it varies with the track rules, There are some that you dont need one, some when you past the 11 mark, all the time

det_riot

Reaction score
Yupp, depends on the track. some tracks is sup 11, others are sub 11.5. Really just depends. Search your local track

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea NHRA rules state at 11.49 or under. I see plenty of guys in the states going deep in the 11's cage less, here you get in big shit

det_riot

Reaction score
My track is 11-11.5 you need a roll bar, 10.99 and quicker you need a roll cage

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
thats somewhat of a misleading statememnt "its up to the track". Most tracks are going to be NHRA/IHRA certified and honestly if its not its prolly gonna be a shotty track with ZERO prep. If it is NHRA cert then its 11.49 or faster for a 5 point.

Knuckles

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea what knuckles said. And it's 9.99 that you need a cage the 5-6 pt roll bar/cage then needs additional work

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
there are tracks here that dont give two shits if you have one or not, that goes for TN too... But most do want one of some sort

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
if there are tracks that dont give a shit those are prolly the ones you wanna steer clear from, I suppose thee xception is if you have a car you really dont want to put a cage in like JSchmidt. Going to one of those tracks is prolly better than checking with a fossil what you run.

Knuckles

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you need a cage - when you crash or better yet roll it over. prior to that, well its not so much of a need.

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
honestly i get confused with people not liking/wanting cages. they're required for a reason, all it takes is one thing going wrong and then youd be wishing your ass had some safety equipment. I understand to a certain degree people idea of keeping it "sleeper" but I can gaurantee none of these people are bug money street racers which is the only time i could see tryingt o get by with that. that being said street racers atleast big cash ones are not dumb and you try and race them in a sleeper is usually not going to work out to well. Hell i remember the races back in the Chi 5-10k races you better believe those cats had cages in their whips. Anyways rant over. If you are running faster than 11.49 my honest advice is get the cage the most expensive item in the car will then have some safety, the item being YOU.

Knuckles

det_riot

Reaction score
Great point Knuckles, I dont see why people don't want cages, I think they're Badass and fuck and you your car demands respect when you have one. Unless you're a ricer and have one for looks haha

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew the GT500s didn't come with a cage...but then I saw one go 9.95 in the 1/4 today on Youtube. Cant imagine people are going to get many passes with these without a cage.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I've heard that bull shit.

Your car kaitlyn prolly won't ever hit the track again. If it does you'll be outlawed first past garunteed vert no cage ain't going to go over to well. Fuck in verts I rarely feel safe with the top off now doing a pass at over 120mph is just retarded cage less

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
personally i hate cages my kids do ride in my car every once and a while. so yes you have to go ruin a new car with a cage ihra/nhra is 11.5 or 7.49 in the 1/8. very few tracks look the other way. as for the tracks that look the other way are not bad tracks the best one around here doesnt care. its 1/8 mile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online

No members online now.