Where do you guys buy tires?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Just as title says. I know the obvious is TireRack but their shipping is outrageous. I'm going to be buying 305/35 18 R888's soon, and I don't want to spend an additional $100 on shipping considering it's going to cost me between $630-660 for the tires alone....

lutter94

Reaction score
discount tire direct is usually free shipping. I've done tire rack, but you gotta factor in the shipping, so the tires gotta be a good deal.....

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks I'll check them out. TireRack doesn't charge any less for the R888 than anyone else I've seen. I just don't know which companies you can trust or not. Free shipping would be a big plus

TanTop94

Reaction score
Ive bought from discount tire and so did my friend, great price and quick shipping. They might have a deal if you spend over $400 you get $100 off and free shipping.

5PointSnow

Reaction score
Another vote for discount tire. They'll match any price you find anywhere. I was able to save ~500$ on my wheels and tires through them by finding them as cheap as possible on any site and showing them the bill. I would highly recommend doing that.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Another vote for discount tire direct. They helped me with my order and had great customer service.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ebay.

And Discount Tire if I can't find what I'm looking for.

chris91

Reaction score
Discount tire. Their customer service is second to none. Their extended warranty is GREAT! Had the slashed tire on my Explorer replaced under their warranty. Shipped me a new tire the next day and only paid for another warranty on the new tire.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Discount Tire (locally) and Discount Tire Direct. Also, the local stores can order things have them shipped in.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
If I'm not buying tires on a wheel and tire kit I've always gone through discount tire. Fast shipping and great prices

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've ordered from Tirerack and Discount and Ebay and all were good.

I usually do a google search for the brand and size I want and compare prices.

Also don't forget Amazon, they have tires and if you are a prime member you already get free shipping.

andy.mickley

Reaction score
Summit Racing has free shipping I have bought tires there before absolutely satisfied

Caboose302

Reaction score
I've bought tires off of Discountedwheelwarehouse.com because they had the Nitto Invos on sale cheaper than anywhere else at the time. Tire buyer.com has some decent prices, too. There was another company that had free shipping and really cheap prices but they were a little sketchy on their reviews. Can't remember the name of the top of my head.

RichV

Reaction score
R888 TOYO?

Check out tiresdirect.net, I've bought R888 and RA1 from them in the past. Shipping was $75 for 4 tires, so a little better.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The tires for the red car I bought as a wheel/tire package from LMR. Tires on all the DDs I just buy from my local Best One.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
DTD seems to be the winner of this thread by a landslide. Oddly enough I'd never even heard of them until a few weeks ago. I'll see if they carry them.

eBay is somewhere I definitely would not have thought to look. BUT it makes sense. I'll check them too

Local is also not a bad idea, local speed shop might be able to get me a good deal...

Summit is local to me. They don't carry Toyo's in general

Rich yessir, guys with a lot more power than me (I'm at 470whp) swear by them, so I'm definitely going to give them a shot. Thanks for the site, I'll check them out as well.

All great suggestions in this thread :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.