Where to get Ford Paint?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
So where would I go to get my stock paint color?....would ford have this?

I going to paint my rear bumper.

jc95gt

Reaction score
your in delaware right?

Kunkles is a good place to get paint (i know there is one in elkton, md, not sure but there should be some in delaware...they put the camera on your car to read the color code...then they guy mixes up your paint for you

i just got paint mixed for my cobra front bumper, but i went to a place called "Kayfield Automotive Paint"
they all pretty much do they same process, take multiple pictures of the paint and then it spits out your specific paint code, then they make it..

the paint kayfield mixed for me is perfect lol

oh and paint can get very expensive fast, so make sure you get the right amount, if your only painting your rear bumper i would suggest getting a 1/2 pint of paint, also have to get clear coat unless you alreday have that avilable

M

mustangman111

How much was a 1/2 pint of paint and I guess 1/2 pint of clear?

Will I need that flex additive since its a bumper?

jc95gt

Reaction score
i have never bought clear coat, my painter always supplies the clear...and for the paint i get mine at a discount price of $44.48 for the half pint of paint and the adavnced plastic bond was $29.45 with my discount.

this is what the list price was tho...$57.82for the paint and $38.28 for the adhessive bond..

if your bumper was painted before you shouldn't need the bond agent, but it can never hurt...if the bumper is new i would say cook it to sweat out all the chemicals, then use the plastic bond.

(just remember, the better the prep work is, the better the finish will be)

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its my factory ford bumper, its already painted...

I was going to sand it down to plastic and paint...

I thought the plastic flex stuff was so that the paint doesnt crack when the plastic shrinks and enlarges in the differant temps.?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
The elastomer is there for flexability period. Without it you would spider the paint every time you nugged your knee into it.

GT

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
Don't sand the bumper past the paint all the way to the plastic. You won't need flex agent IF you have paint on the bumper, but I would add it just to be on the safe side. A Urethane primer did just fine on my dads gt that I painted. The paint stuck well, and looks great. It's been on there for about a year.

Also, urethane primer acts as a flex additive, but is unlike regular primer which is porous. Yes, you can shoot urethane primer onto a car, and it won't absorb moisture.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr