Where to locate a large waffle weave towel for drying? Or other tips to dry

Blind

Reaction score
I have a "monster" (LOL) sized waffle weave drying towel, ~2ft by ~3ft, but that barely cuts it to dry one of my cars.
But my trucks I can't dry with it, and I'm SOL if I decide to wash more than 1 car at a time, and as I have 4 I do like to wash them all on the weekends.

Squeezing the water out of the towel only works for so long, I always need a dedicated 2nd towel just for doing the windows.
What I'd like to find is a beach towel sized, ~6ft by ~3ft, waffle weave towel to use for drying the cars, and use my other just for the glass.

I have also heard of people using electric leaf blowers to dry cars, any thoughts on that, or a recommended model around $50?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get a leaf blower you will LOVE it. I pull out my big ass gas powered one which sucks. Id just go to wallyworld and get what ever electric one is a good deal dont spend much as you are only using it to dry cars for like 5 minutes, not 1-2hrs like there designed for so even a cheapo should be fine.

OP
OP
B

Blind

Reaction score
shit, for $30 I gotta try one, I already use my air compressor to squirt dry the mirrors and body gaps.

joekd

Reaction score
Just make sure you keep it clean so you aren't spraying the car with dirt particles

For $30 it is cheap enough to use it only on cars and keep the lawn tools seperate

OP
OP
B

Blind

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
Obsessive Detail.com having a sale on towels right now..Justin is great people.

I don't see anything larger than what I have already.

I think I'm going to pick up one of those leaf blowers from home depot this weekend, should help get the bulk of the water off the car and make my 2'x3' waffle weave towel go a lot further on what's left over.

Nacho98

Reaction score
Why not just pick up 2-3 waffle towels? I'd rather have a few fresh and dry towels than try to drag one wet/damp/wettish one over the whole car, since it gets tough to dry once you get to a certain point, even with the best towels.

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
I use a water blade.....the water blade from walmart works pretty good for me.....I dunno if it does anything to the paint......but that takes off the majority of the water ( i use it for the roof, hood, trunk, and doors) then the rest with a medium size waffle weave...

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I always use a larger waffle weave to take the first pass and get most of the water off, then take another towel that is dry to remove the rest of the moisture. I only go through about 3 towels on a larger vehicle. You should checkout the Amazing Dryer or Monster Waffle Weave that I carry, those work great for the first pass, then you could use another towel for the second pass. My Shag Rag towels are currently on sale on my www.theragshack.com website.

JRad405

Reaction score
I use a chamois or does that do some damage. Does anyone do those. I never even heard of a waffle towel.

vibrantred5.0

Reaction score
I used to use "the absorber" all the time......its a chamois....I'm interested too if it swirls or is known to damage the paint....

OP
OP
B

Blind

Reaction score
wytstang said:
The problem with chamois is they give dirt/grit no where to go while waffle weave towels have small pockets through out.
Here is a large waffle weave towel http://www.autogeek.net/waffle-weave-drying-towel.html

there we go, that's the biggest I've seen! I think with that, the leaf blower, and my current pair of 2'x3' waffle weaves, I should be able to wash all of my cars at once.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Obsessive Detail said:
I always use a larger waffle weave to take the first pass and get most of the water off, then take another towel that is dry to remove the rest of the moisture. I only go through about 3 towels on a larger vehicle.

I do the same thing!
Justin is the man.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've got an old dryer from work (groom dogs with my mom) that I'm going to give a shot at drying my cars and see how that goes. Hopefully it goes a bit further than my current selection of microfiber towels. Not sure where my waffle weaves went...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online