Where to Start

wnyman10

Reaction score
So I have a 1995 GTS that is pretty much bone stock. Only thing done to it is 3.73 gears and cold air. In the summer its my Daily Driver and its parked in the winter. I just installed the 3.73 gears and it made a huge difference over the 2.73 gears but now I want more. I have read a lot of build threads and the one thing I do not want is a ton of tuning headaches, I would like to keep the car nice drivable. I would love to make around 300hp. Just a nice street car, build it up get it tuned and cruise I dont want to drag race it or anything like that just a nice street car. So what should I do to get to 300hp, Do I do a Head, Cam and Intake or do some fuel mods and a Vortech S trim? Which one of these will be best? The car has 107,000 miles on it and is still very strong, I have had the compression tested and it uses no oil and leaks nothing.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
S trim.. will get you over 300.. no need to take the engine a part. The most would be replace injectors fuel pump and maf tune..

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
x2 on a blower. You CAN get by with the FMU and no tune but I'd recommend a custom tune with bigger injectors.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
You said that 373's made you want more...?

Vortech, definitely. Why? Because if you head/cam/intake swap it and get your 300hp, you will just want more. Then you will have to get the vortech anyways. If you get it now, you can pulley it up enough to bust your block, so you don't need to waste time or money on the h/c/i.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online