Which set-up?

cody0170

Reaction score
Rides > Search > Ford Mustang >1996 > cody0170
Cody's Ford Mustang
125 hitsNominate for Showoff Forward to a Friend Report Abuse
Guestbook SummaryLast 1 messages of 1
Hondoo: Do you have troubles making it up steep hills at freeway speeds in your ...
view/sign my guestbook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > >> IF YOU RECOMMEND ANY UPGRADES PLEASE LEAVE ME A MESSAGE.
The big ? is.......Should I keep the stock npi heads and later maybe port and install a more radical cam and Livernois pi intake swap, or just do a complete pi swap unported heads and stock cam....
Power Add-Ons:
- MSD ignition with 9mm MSD wires
- NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
- Cold Air w/oversized K&N filter
- Ford Motorsport underdrive pulleys
- 75mm BBK power plus throttle body with upper intake
plenum
- 2.5" MAC offroad H-Pipe
- 2.5" Flowmaster cat back exhaust system (40 series
w/mandrel bent
stainless tubing)
- Ford Mortorsport 4.10 gears

96 blue moon

Reaction score
If I were to do it again, I would leave the non PI heads on and throw a good set of blower cams and a blower on it and then throw your ordinary bolt-ons to reach your goal. Just from my experience I did the full PI headswap and now my compression is too high to install a blower and run some high psi boost. Just my thoughts. I hope this answers your question.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, if i would have known the NPI's were not junk like the magazine guys said a few years ago (and still do) i would have just sent my stock heads out to be done and put a KB on with some blower cams.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
96 blue moon said:
If I were to do it again, I would leave the non PI heads on and throw a good set of blower cams and a blower on it and then throw your ordinary bolt-ons to reach your goal. Just from my experience I did the full PI headswap and now my compression is too high to install a blower and run some high psi boost. Just my thoughts. I hope this answers your question.

your mods are crazy. how do you run at the track?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
96 blue moon said:
DropTopPony said:
I agree, if i would have known the NPI's were not junk like the magazine guys said a few years ago (and still do) i would have just sent my stock heads out to be done and put a KB on with some blower cams.
Finally people are starting to agree with me.

96GTGREENVERT

Reaction score
I am glad this post was started because I am having the same dilema. So you guys are saying keep the NPI heads. Get some blower cams and slap a procharger or vortech on it and call it a day? What kind of HP numbers would you be looking at with a set up like that? Just curious

96GTGREENVERT

Reaction score
Ok that makes sense how about this question then. Is 300-350HP to the wheels obtainable with NPI heads, blower cams and S trim or P1-SC at say 8-10# of boost?

OP
OP
C

cody0170

Reaction score
OK I live in Oklahoma. Who and where does port and polish work. Anyone know about livernois pi intake adapter kit..kinda pricey but any alternatives.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'm making almost 350rwhp with stock untouched heads AND cams through an AUTOMATIC on 10psi, i'll be installing my intercooler very shortly.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
96GTGREENVERT said:
Ok that makes sense how about this question then. Is 300-350HP to the wheels obtainable with NPI heads, blower cams and S trim or P1-SC at say 8-10# of boost?

Get a good port and polish on the NPI heads you will probably pick up another 60-70 with the right blower cams

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
I'm making almost 350rwhp with stock untouched heads AND cams through an AUTOMATIC on 10psi, i'll be installing my intercooler very shortly.
remember he said AUTO but you can easily go 12-16lbs. I am about to do the same thing but I am trying to do the namebrand research. I'm going to upgrade my wife to 400-450rwhp where she will shut up.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you can't run high boost with either setup, stock rods won't cooperate. but the after market is avaliable to go either way.

Like blown 97 said, if your shooting for low 300's, NPI's and the blower will do ya.
the cams would be a good idea as well if your adding boost.

96GTGREENVERT

Reaction score
Ok you guys sold me! I am getting the P1-SC and some blower cams. I guess 10# of boost and cams is the way I will go. Is the 3 core intercooler worth the extra money? :dunno:

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yeah it is! It will lower your intake temps. It will also allow you to make more power!

S

scarface

96GTGREENVERT said:
once apon a time I make 365 whp at 8 psi on a novi1k, after cams I made 385.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online