--Whippy's Fun House--

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
After new plugs, wires, and spraying the valve cover, everything looks cleaner than it did. I'm think I'm gonna hit the whole thing with degreaser to just give it a decent overall cleaning.

bcece7f7897df3cd2f4056f17f18c8a4.jpg

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Couple things done so far. While I was at the parts store for Jenn's truck, I picked up a can of engine bay decreased. Not a bad turnout for $3

b6f4becf3605dc766deddd6910cb4a86.jpg

5fcff12ed34e0985066df280053c1e21.jpg

c391bd4ff7dadef746cb0f7504cd5f89.jpg

And I just got the fogs installed. I'm wiring them up as I type this. I installed them on the shit front cover instead of the new one I'm working on since I don't care about this one so I figured it'd be practice worth the time.

51f90621292e3df987526ed41a1230a9.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Awww yeaaa, yellow fogs!

That engine degreaser looks like it helped tremendously. Did you just spray it everywhere, let it take effect, and wipe off? Or is there a technique to it?

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Awww yeaaa, yellow fogs!

That engine degreaser looks like it helped tremendously. Did you just spray it everywhere, let it take effect, and wipe off? Or is there a technique to it?
Sprayed it everywhere I could get to. I used an entire can. Let It sit for 10mins, and hose everything down thoroughly. It worked very well. It was well worth the price of the can. I bought two just in case and I think I'm gonna use the second one to go over it once more since there's still a lot of minor stuff left. I think I'm gonna spray it on and wipe everything down with a shop rag to kinda scrub everything.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if I missed it but did you order any wheels?
Negative, with winter coming up quickly they'd be getting pulled off within the next couple weeks anyways. So I'm gonna put that money into slamming this thing, then wheels/tires in the spring.

teal95gt

Reaction score
You should do bedliner on the truck where you have the red pin stripe and everything under, I did the rocker panels and bumpers of my truck and it came out tits it would look bad ass with that camouflage paint.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should do bedliner on the truck where you have the red pin stripe and everything under, I did the rocker panels and bumpers of my truck and it came out tits it would look bad ass with that camouflage paint.
It's my girlfriend's truck and she's for it but she's on a pretty tight budget right now. Next summer I'm thinking that'll be a good way to go.

At first I thought you were talking about my truck and was like "wtf would I do that for?" Haha.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Negative, with winter coming up quickly they'd be getting pulled off within the next couple weeks anyways. So I'm gonna put that money into slamming this thing, then wheels/tires in the spring.

Sounds like a good plan

I was just going to say http://www.nlmotoring.com/ is having a sale on xxr's this weekend

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do you gf a fav and paint her truck... Hate camo...lol

The civic is coming along!

She painted it before we met. It was a horrible teal color that was in bad shape. When she gets a new truck she won't be doing this again, it was just a cover-up.

Yeah, it's coming along well, actually. Coilovers and LCAs are coming up within the next couple weeks.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i own a del sol?

I tell people that they learn something new everyday on this site.... .. glad to see my sales-pitch is ringing true! LOL

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
As American as you are.... I'm a little disappointed in you Tyler

When you told me about it, it didn't register with me that you were buying it for yourself

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
a honda??

how long have i been gone/?!?
Too damn long
Says the guy who drives a Del Sol^

MC has a del sol?!

i own a del sol?

I tell people that they learn something new everyday on this site.... .. glad to see my sales-pitch is ringing true! LOL
This gave me a chuckle
As American as you are.... I'm a little disappointed in you Tyler

When you told me about it, it didn't register with me that you were buying it for yourself
Trust me, I never thought I'd own an import in my life. The cards just fell into place all at the right time though.

I was looking for a third vehicle to get my truck out of the awful IL winter roads, I needed something cheap that I wouldn't hate and that I could modify (no Prism, corolla, cavalier, etc.), and something somewhat old (falling into place with the initial vehicle cost). That fact that I didn't want to spend more than $2500 on a new daily is the only reason I'm not driving a Cobalt or another SN95 right now, actually.

I knew if I got this thing that I could dump $700 into it in mods and be done for as long as I own the vehicle. I'd get my inner ricer out for the first time in my life and wouldn't kill my bank account doing so. If I got another mustang I knew it would only be a matter of time until I started turning it into another project. This thing I don't care about. I don't care about door dings, how I wash it, etc. I could never have the same carelessness with another mustang or an S10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online