--Whippy's Fun House--

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... but a honda civic is probably no less "American" than any-other vehicle of the same class. They all have their hands in eachother's pockets and you can't be competitive if you don't work globally.

For example Ford... yeah I drive a Ford focus, but it's very much the same as the mazda 3 I had... hmm. The mazda3 also had ford stampings on all the mechanical parts.

Whippy you should have gotten an acura, the true american ricer haha.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, with me being a Chevy guy, I was leaning toward an S10 but I knew I'd end up slamming it on 20s, shaving everything and a complete respray. I'd be in it as far as I am into my mustang without the drivetrain mods.

I really don't like anything else in the realm of "daily" vehicles. I like mustangs and I like Chevy trucks, neither of which I could even come remotely close to throwing $500-$1000 into and being done with.

I will NOT drive a four door so with the all of that said - my boss at my old job had this thing for cheap, so I snagged it.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
10171894_10100241730467453_3036869303181589231_n.jpg

JHMEH6265PS009051_1.jpg

Anyone remember this?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... but a honda civic is probably no less "American" than any-other vehicle of the same class. They all have their hands in eachother's pockets and you can't be competitive if you don't work globally.

For example Ford... yeah I drive a Ford focus, but it's very much the same as the mazda 3 I had... hmm. The mazda3 also had ford stampings on all the mechanical parts.

Whippy you should have gotten an acura, the true american ricer haha.
Buddy.... Don't even start with me on this subject :)

Tyler I gotcha. Didn't know you had a little ricer in you, but then again most people do. I don't. Everyone is like ohh yay 4cyl mustang. I'm like ohh yay... It still sounds like shit. I don't think I'm ever going to go back to anything with less than 8 cylinders, unless it's a Cummins. But seeing as I already have a 7.3 headed my way within about a year or so, I won't be making that switch anytime soon.

I totally hear you tho about modding everything you own. That's how I am too. Dubasak posted a picture a few days ago on his girlfriend's page about buying a daily and then modding it so had to buy another daily. Then modded that so had to buy another daily. It's in our blood man. As long as it serves it's purpose then hey get your money out of it

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The fact that you don't love, or even drive a camaro is funny.

No kidding. I love the engines but am a firm believer that the mustang has been the best car of its class for many many years.

Buddy.... Don't even start with me on this subject :)

Tyler I gotcha. Didn't know you had a little ricer in you, but then again most people do. I don't. Everyone is like ohh yay 4cyl mustang. I'm like ohh yay... It still sounds like shit. I don't think I'm ever going to go back to anything with less than 8 cylinders, unless it's a Cummins. But seeing as I already have a 7.3 headed my way within about a year or so, I won't be making that switch anytime soon.

4cyl mustang makes me wanna puke. I was just reading an article on it during break yesterday in Car&Driver.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was just flipping through some pics and forgot to post these from an early September car show, the annual Ford show a little ways north of me. I didn't get a pic of my car sitting in it's spot but I snagged one in the parking lot afterwards.

Before the show after a quick wash.

The color of my car is very rare, so it was pretty cool to see a fox the same color.

By the slim chance I'd ever get married, I'm paying this guy to use his limo.

And, of course, some fun with the Obama statue.

My buddy with his Roush.

Back home to bed.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I've wondered for a while....did your car have the vertical tail lights in it when you bought it or did you swap to them?

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've wondered for a while....did your car have the vertical tail lights in it when you bought it or did you swap to them?

That was done before I bought the car. I resprayed them. They're jig-rigged though, as the rest of this car was before I got it. The harnesses were never swapped to vertical tail harness.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I agree with OJ. Both are cool don't get me wrong I've just been curious how yours would look with them since all the other parts of the car compliment each other so well.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have always been a horozontal dude to the end but after smoothing in the plate holder, the spoiler and the brake light I can't help but wonder if they would look better vertical. If I come across a set for cheap before I go to paint I will pic them up so I can see which I like better.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have always been a horozontal dude to the end but after smoothing in the plate holder, the spoiler and the brake light I can't help but wonder if they would look better vertical. If I come across a set for cheap before I go to paint I will pic them up so I can see which I like better.

In a way, that's kinda where I'm at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online