White 1994 GT project. (DIY Supercharger)

bumblebee

Reaction score
I may have an idea of the shafts!

Start with the gearboxes...
There is 3550 and there is TKO, this is the early models..
Then you have the tko500 and tko 600

3550 - 10 spline
TKO - 26 spline

TKO 500 - 10 and 26 splines, yes you can get the 500 with 26 spline
TKO 600 - 26 spline. The tko 600 input shaft do not fit the early tko and tko 500 gearboxes.

So, one shaft for the early, one for the tko 500 and one for the tko 600

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
@White95
Get with me on those heads if he decides to come off of them.

I havent found anything about the input shaft. I was told that the TKO 500/600 have the same case and input shafts. The difference was the internals of the trans...

So I dont know.

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Ok, so there is no difference from the TKO 500 and 600, except the gear ratio.. The higher gears are what makes the power rating higher for the 600..

I am at a stand still with the car.

Bought a 3"stalker hood, full exhaust, BBK headers, new radiator and fan. Still waiting to get my trans case back so I can get it together.. I havent found a set of heads yet and my cam hasnt showed up either.

I may just build up a set of Procomp heads. Get bare castings and build em with manley valves and a good spring kit. A good friend dyno'd 356rwhp/370rwtq with ported 190cc PC heads in a Fox with a T5...He had a stock short block, T-Moss ported stock intake and X-cam. Since I have a brand new X cam coming, I might try his combo but with ported 210cc heads.

I will wait a little longer and see if I can get some AFR 185's or Canfield heads.

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Got some AFR's

As usual, got rid of some parts. I have sold the GT40p heads, rr's and pushrods in favor of a Set of AFR 185 street ported heads. For what I sold those parts for covered the price of the used AFR's. Heads will get freshened up and I might mill them if they are the 72cc chamber.. This means that I now have to get a better intake.

I do have a brand new X cam sitting in the box, Picked it up real cheap..

I am probably out of town for another week, I have parts waiting for me to pickup. Full exhaust system with BBK equal length headers, hood, radiator, fan and some misc engine stuff. I have my brackets now too..

Still waiting on trans case to be repaired. I have everything to put it back together..

I will get head gaskets, oil pan gasket and new oil pump when i get home and start getting the motor back together. Cant wait to get it running.

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Parts Update: AFR's and Trans parts

I am home for 5 days due to rain out at work.

AFR 185 Renegade heads, but I am pretty sure they are the outlaw heads. They have been ported too.. They were used hard on a turbo setup. Less then 800 miles on them but they look pretty used..

I took them apart, going to do a valve job and mill the heads some. I will need to do a little work on the guide boss, wasnt really paid much attention too when ported.. Good thing I didnt just clean them up and slap them on.

IMG00508-20120619-1135.jpg

Most of the valve spring shims were falling apart or cracked to hell. I am going to order hardened spring cups.. I will drop the heads off for milling and have the valves ground this week. Prob mill down to 68cc..

Trans:

I got lucky and found some parts for my TKO500.. Bought 2 used 3550's. Gotta go to Louisiana to get em.. One trans is in pieces and other is still together. I will have every part I need for my TKO500 now. Comes with a blow proof bell and a ford bell..Wont need to buy anything else for trans..

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Parts + Pics + Goodies

here r my trans parts, I got a whole 3550 trans in pretty good shape, a 3550 in pieces with busted input shaft, Lakewood blowproof bell and a Ford aluminum bell for the tKO500.. Sold the complete 3550 and aluminum bell, also sold my spare aluminum bell. I am pretty sure the lake wood bell wont need a backup.. LOL.. I got the Lakewood bell, good used case, good top case and some good internal spare parts.

Lakewood Bell (Got block plate with it):
Blowproof.jpg

Parts trans:
partsdonortransmission.jpg

Cleaned up the 3550 case and ready to install TKO500 guts:
Caseready4assembly.jpg

Reassemble reverse with all the needle bearings:
Reversegearassembly.jpg

Main case assembled:
75assembly1.jpg

50assembly-2.jpg

75assembly.jpg

Finally Finished TKO500:
Finished.jpg

Now my trans is done.

What am I lacking to get it together? Just a cam, clutch , enghine gaskets and headbolt bushings..
Dropped the AFR heads in Favor of the TFS 170 heads. 58cc chamber , 2.02/1.60 valves... I couldnt resist a new set. It was cheaper then a used set. LMAO. Got some Comp Cam Gold 1.6 RR's for the heads. 7/16 stud..

IMG_20120629_214131.jpg

Also to add to the parts list:
Full exhaust, BBK equal length headers, h-pipe with no cats, Flowmasters back to tips. I will be replacing those short fugly tips..

img20120624152938.jpg

img20120624153244.jpg

Along With the exhaust I picked up a Stalker hood. Not my fave SN hood but I picked this one up very cheap and I wanted it because its much taller then the other Stalker hoods I have seen..

IMG_20120623_201103.jpg

Last but not least:
I got a Kenne Bell 1.5 setup for the project. I wont pick it up for 2 weeks but its paid for and bolts to the stock lower intake. Luckily, I already have a Stock lower thats been ported, welded up and ported some more. It wont flow over 215cfm max but with 6# of boost that shouldnt matter.

I am thinking that I might go with a custom cam for this setup. I really want alot more lift on the Exh side then the Int side , without using 1.7rr's on the Exh valves. Somewhere around .500 lift on Int side and .550 on Exh is what i am looking for. Really want more on the Exh but I will probably be close on PTV..

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Slowly comin together. Since I dont have a garage to work in and car is sitting outside, I dont wanna put it together until Motor and trans are ready to go in at once. My car has to be finished before school starts in Sept. I gotta be able to take the lil one to school in the morning..

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Well, I got my money back on the Kenne Bell 1.5. Went to go pick it up and it was for a Fox and the stock lower intake. So I woulda had to get another snout, snout bracket, get lucky and Find a Holley Systemax 1 lower or modify the KB manifold to work on the intake I want.. Wasnt a bad deal for $1k, just too much hassle for it to work for me.

Now that I have my cam, just need gaskets to put my engine together.. Yay so excited.

Plans are:
Eaton 112 from a Cobra (ordered today)
Need A good lower Intake (prefer a Trick Flow Lower)
Going with a distributorless ign from an explorer
Megasquirt to control it all.

As some of u have seen the the JBmods kit to put the eatons on the 5.0's. I feel I can easily make a kit myself... After a little design rendering, I can lower the blower 3" and move it forward 2.5" to get good belt alignment without a shaft adapter. All due to not having a dizzy in the way.. Also gives me hood clearance..

All I gotta do is save some pennies for a few weeks and will go get me a new welder.. Fab work should start soon. I only have to Sept to get it running..

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
I'd like to see the adapter you make I'd like to get one for another project.. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
I would be interested in the Injector's but I am really just trying to get the motor/trans in the car first.. I still have yet to find a tube K-member..

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
So the cam i picked up ended up being a Sealed Power/Speed Pro Billet cam. 298/308 duration - 510/533 lift. I expect it to be a lil sluggish in the bottom but the Eaton should help with that some.. LOL.

Its gonna sound wicked. Slowly putting the motor together now, waiting on a crank balancer bolt so I can put the degree wheel on it. I also ordered almost every bolt for the engine today. Lots and lots of research to get correct sizes. Ordered everything grade 8, zinc coated. Oil pan, timing cover, water neck, water pump, intake bolts, plus lock washers for everything.. $25 shipped. 54 bolts and 55 washers... I was extremely pleased with that price.. I woulda went to Lowes and spent $50+ for that or $100+ for arp. I will be placing another order here in a few weeks.. Still need bolts for water pump pulley, balancer pulley, starter, motor mounts, bolts for the eaton adapter box to intake, then bolts for the Eaton to the adapter.. Dam, so many bolts I need. Its sickening..

IMG_20120708_210041.jpg

IMG_20120708_221504.jpg

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
The cam:

I got lucky and found the cam for sale on another forum.. It had the specs I wanted, but no one knew what it was at the time. Turned out the numbers on the cam called it a Speed-Pro CS-1177R, AKA: Speed-Pro CS-1035R, Elgin E-1018-P, Wolverine 1087 and WG-1087.

The specs are as follows (checked by Comp Cams)
ADV Duration: 299/309
Duration: 223/234
Lift: .509/.533
Lobe separation: 112 degrees

speed pro's CS1177R specs:
Advertised duration: 299 intake/309 exhaust
Duration at .050 in. cam lift: 222 intake/232 exhaust
Gross valve lift: .510 in. intake/.534 exhaust
LSA: 107/117
Lobe separation: 112 degrees

I have a copy of the 1087 Cam card but really want one for this cam.

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
I am going to try and find a you tube clip of that cam at idle. I am very curious..

I went to every machine shop and called most of the auto parts places looking for timing cover dowels.. No one had that size. Seems its an odd size..
Finally decided to make my own, I was going to use aluminum tube but not $10 for a 4ft tube.. I went over to the nut and bolt bin isle at Lowes, Grabbed a steel spacer for $1.13 (Size 3/8 x 1/2 x 1").

I took that spacer and split it into two pieces 1/2 long. Beveled both ends of each piece then ran 1 slit down the center of them . Making it look as pictured below.. They are about 1/8 inch shorter then the original but hold the timing cover fine..

IMG_20120712_213254.jpg

Before installing them I used channel locks a squeezed the gap closed on the new dowels and they went in with a few taps of my BFH.

IMG_20120712_213341.jpg

OP
OP
cantbuytime

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Well I was waiting and waiting for a guy to tell me how he wanted to be paid for a m112 Eaton. 2 weeks of this, then today I asked how he wanted payment and he didnt answer. So I started looking everywhere and in about 30 minutes I found one on craigslist for $100 less. I snatched it up.

IMG_20120713_180508.jpg

Just need head bolt bushings, head gaskets and a Trick Flow lower intake... Then my engine will be complete.. Will post some updated pics later.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
dam dude! first time i,ve seen this thread! very impressive doin all this shit yourself! wish i had that kinda knowledge! kudos my man!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online