Who DD's their DR's?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I "daily drove" my BFG G force drag radials for about half the summer. Lets just say the tread wear is unreal. I definitely would NOT recommend the BFG D/R for a car that doesn't see the track any less than once a week. However, they hook really damn good but I couldn't imagine spending $600 every 3,000 miles. I'd have more money in my tires than I did in the car after 50k miles. :wall:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Michelin Pilot Cup FTMFW

ph1126.jpg

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Honestly, I'll probably only get the chance to go to the track maybe 2-3 times this summer...

then DO NOT buy a DR or R compound tire....its just a waste of money

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
I hate BFG Tires.... dont kast worth Jack Sh*t

Have u actually ever ran any bfgs? I have kdw's on the stang and they are a great tire. They last good (300 treadware) and grip great. They dont last quite as long as 555's (close) but they grip better. You get one or the other.

Seriously look into some bfg kdw's if you ever drive in the rain or kd's if you dont. Great tires

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
SRT Handz said:
I hate BFG Tires.... dont kast worth Jack Sh*t

Have u actually ever ran any bfgs? I have kdw's on the stang and they are a great tire. They last good (300 treadware) and grip great. They dont last quite as long as 555's (close) but they grip better. You get one or the other.

Seriously look into some bfg kdw's if you ever drive in the rain or kd's if you dont. Great tires

I have BFG's right now on my stock split spokes and love them. The have excellent dry traction and pretty decent wet traction.

Passenger

Reaction score
I ran BFG D/R's for about 2000 miles before I got rid of them. Were great tires other than the fact it was scary in the rain. I've got a set of M/T ET Streets on some 15x8 Cobra R's in the basement waiting for March 8th to roll around, I won't drive on them though.

I'd buy some 555R's If I were you Aaron, since your said your not gonna be tracking the car alot.. Its not gonna break the bank, and will perform just fine. They won't last as long as a summer tire, or all season tire, but I'd say you can expect 15,000 miles or more out of them depending on your driving habits.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Passenger said:
I ran BFG D/R's for about 2000 miles before I got rid of them. Were great tires other than the fact it was scary in the rain. I've got a set of M/T ET Streets on some 15x8 Cobra R's in the basement waiting for March 8th to roll around, I won't drive on them though.

I'd buy some 555R's If I were you Aaron, since your said your not gonna be tracking the car alot.. Its not gonna break the bank, and will perform just fine. They won't last as long as a summer tire, or all season tire, but I'd say you can expect 15,000 miles or more out of them depending on your driving habits.

Honestly, that amount of miles would be decent to get out of a DR (for me). It would at least last till the following summer. My only hesitation on making a solid decision is wet traction. I usually take a few trips in the summer (2-3 hr drives) and I don't wanna get caught in the rain with a DR. I guess it wouldn't be that big a deal really. But I like to, usually, try to think about every angle. Thanks for the input :thumb:

Passenger

Reaction score
Tons and tons and tons of people run Nitto DR's daily without problems. I say do it. A good tire will make a bigger difference than almost anything you can do to these cars (Minus big engine work)

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Passenger said:
Tons and tons and tons of people run Nitto DR's daily without problems. I say do it. A good tire will make a bigger difference than almost anything you can do to these cars (Minus big engine work)

Now my only concern really, is rubbing issues with a 315.

Bluextc

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Passenger said:

Now my only concern really, is rubbing issues with a 315.

I'm wondering about this, too.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I know that 315s are freaking huge and will rub... but what about like 305s on a 10' DD?
I mean I saw a 600+ Vortech S/C'd Mach 1 with DDs on 285s or 295s so...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fl510

Members online

No members online now.