Who DD's their DR's?

98_MustangGT

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
SRT Handz said:
AaRoN said:
SRT Handz said:
I hate BFG Tires.... dont kast worth Jack Sh*t

You're crazy Handz. Almost ever mustang I seen at Mustang Alley last year (600+Stangs) had some model of BFG.

Michelin OWNS OWNS OWNS OWNS OWNS BFG

Michelin makes the best tires hands down....Puts BFG to shame

Regardless, I like BFG. They make GOOD tires.

I'm seriously considering these: (the brand) http://www.performanceplustire.com/...e/searchByBrand/manufacturerID/129#prodAnchor

i saw those too. they look funny but from what ive read they are a pretty decent tire. im considering them as well.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
98_MustangGT said:
AaRoN said:
SRT Handz said:
AaRoN said:
SRT Handz said:
I hate BFG Tires.... dont kast worth Jack Sh*t

You're crazy Handz. Almost ever mustang I seen at Mustang Alley last year (600+Stangs) had some model of BFG.

Michelin OWNS OWNS OWNS OWNS OWNS BFG

Michelin makes the best tires hands down....Puts BFG to shame

Regardless, I like BFG. They make GOOD tires.

I'm seriously considering these: (the brand) http://www.performanceplustire.com/...e/searchByBrand/manufacturerID/129#prodAnchor

i saw those too. they look funny but from what ive read they are a pretty decent tire. im considering them as well.

I've been doing as much research about them as I can and have heard and read nothing but good things.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Aaron my BFG's rubbed BEFORE I lowered my car much worse than they do now after the car has been lowered. It's hard to explain but you can beat out the inner wheel well better after it is lowered than at stock height because a sheet of metal is in the way at stock height.

...some people have outside fender lip issues but I have 1/8" spacers on mine and they still don't rub out there, just a little bit on the inner wells.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Red said:
Aaron my BFG's rubbed BEFORE I lowered my car much worse than they do now after the car has been lowered. It's hard to explain but you can beat out the inner wheel well better after it is lowered than at stock height because a sheet of metal is in the way at stock height.

...some people have outside fender lip issues but I have 1/8" spacers on mine and they still don't rub out there, just a little bit on the inner wells.

You have 315's right?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Red said:

You have 315's right?

last time I checked they were :p

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Red said:
AaRoN said:
Red said:

You have 315's right?

last time I checked they were :p

Alright. Thanks for the input man :thumb:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
Neat, except they don't grip until they get hot. Funny, but I don't see many streetcars getting their tires warm enough to make a race tire work. Maybe since you drive like Mario Andretti on the street this doesn't apply to you. Further, a tire with 3/32" of tread wouldn't be much good for very long, now would it?

i have compared both Nitto NT01s and Pilot Cups on my car right after the other....except the NT-01s where on a 18 inch wheel.

From Comparing the 2, The Pilot Cup Grips alot better and warms up faster. Yes, the tire needs to be warm for optimum Grip, but the Michelin Warmed up faster than the NT-01 and Gave More control IMO

The reason i Brought up the Pilot Cup is because Fets brought up the NT01.... and if you are looking into the NT01, might as well get the Michelin.

The Pilot Cup is Not just a Track tire, its not even a slick.....This is why the GT3, GT2, and BMW M3 CSL all come with the Pilot cup as standard (But you do have to sign a waiver saying you will not the drive the car n the rain with the Pilot Cups because they are not for rain

topless95

Reaction score
Why have a tire that people are made to sign a waiver for rainy driving, since the original topic was about a daily driver?? I think we all have too much time on our hands :rollinglaugh:

ryclef331

Reaction score
IF you want a DRAG RADIAL that you can DD, hook at the track...kind of, and make it home in the rain if you have too, BFG Drag Radials....

period. Cut the bullshit

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
then what are good for a 10.5 03 Cobra?

Nitto
Michelin
BFG
Good Year F1s

JUst dont get the sumitomos

IMO, sumitomos make anycar look cheap. If you have a nice modded car with quality parts and nice rims and them you have A Cheap tires it just throws off the whole wheel & Tire combo

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
IF you want a DRAG RADIAL that you can DD, hook at the track...kind of, and make it home in the rain if you have too, BFG Drag Radials....

period. Cut the bullshit

That is all true but do the math:

12,000 miles per year / 3,000 miles per set of tires = 4 sets of tires per year at $600 a set.

I go back to by original argument that for the price and tread wear, I wouldn't recommend daily driving on these unless you think every stop light that old lady in a mercury wants to race you. Maybe people just don't mind spending $2400 a year on tires idk. :dunno:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i think its most cost effective to buy another 2 rims and some DR's then to run the DR's everyday

topless95

Reaction score
but we were being entertained so well, ryclef :hammer: :hammer:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
my96gtstang said:
then what are good for a 10.5 03 Cobra?

Nitto
Michelin
BFG
Good Year F1s

JUst dont get the sumitomos

IMO, sumitomos make anycar look cheap. If you have a nice modded car with quality parts and nice rims and them you have A Cheap tires it just throws off the whole wheel & Tire combo

"SN95Forums Oppinionator"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online