whos running PI cams in NPI heads?

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
what kind of hp/tq differences did you see?
 

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Retired Staff
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
178
Location
South Jersey
its like a 15hp and 18 tq gain at the wheels....assuming you have a pi intake already.
 

LI98GT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
6
Location
Long Island, NY
With the PI cams, I gained 10-15rwhp and adding the PI intake went up an additional 7rhp, but lost a few tq.
 

281powered

Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
LI98GT said:
With the PI cams, I gained 10-15rwhp and adding the PI intake went up an additional 7rhp, but lost a few tq.

i agree with this except the 7hp gain after the intake swap, there's no way i only gained that much. it was definetly more than that, thats what really woke the car up but i did for shure lose some torq.
 

LI98GT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
6
Location
Long Island, NY
281powered said:
LI98GT said:
With the PI cams, I gained 10-15rwhp and adding the PI intake went up an additional 7rhp, but lost a few tq.

i agree with this except the 7hp gain after the intake swap, there's no way i only gained that much. it was definetly more than that, thats what really woke the car up but i did for shure lose some torq.


I actually had a dyno pre, then post PI intake and it showed 7rwhp for me on stock tune. SOTP for me was also better for the PI cams, but then again they went in first, so maybe the order has something to do with it? I changed the NPI intake out to get the reliability of the aluminum crossover on the PI intake, and was a nice topper to the PI cams. It definately raised the power up top.
 
OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
how many miles did you have on the car when you made the swap. my mechanic said i shouldnt do the PI anything (including the full PI swap) due to my high mileage... 165K :dunno:
 

sanitarium16

New Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
ALITL8 said:
how many miles did you have on the car when you made the swap. my mechanic said i shouldnt do the PI anything (including the full PI swap) due to my high mileage... 165K :dunno:

i have a little over 100k and i did it. Once you do it the whole upper half of the engine will be new. Check the lower half. if it looks good do it.
 

Rantheman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
0
well if you interested i have pi cams and valve springs i will let go for real cheap
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
76,099
Messages
1,470,375
Members
14,068
Latest member
SinCitySN95

Members online

Top