Why is my tint blue-ish.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can hardly tell it's tinted very much , I'm thinking that has to do with the full lighting

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
How old is the tint job? Cheap tint turns bluish then purple then goes full retard and begins to bubble and flake off...

NEVER go full retard, everyone knows that....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was always told that it meant that when it was applied they either used soap with ammonia in it, or that you cleaned with a cleaner with it in it. I was told more then likely it was the soap used when applying it and why they always recommend using baby shampoo while applying it.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I can hardly tell it's tinted very much , I'm thinking that has to do with the full lighting
In certain lighting the tint looks really light. Take some light out and it looks semi dark, 35% all around.. I want 20..
How old is the tint job? Cheap tint turns bluish then purple then goes full retard and begins to bubble and flake off...

NEVER go full retard, everyone knows that....
Tint was done November 2011. I've had small bubbles for a long time by the edges and close to the mirrors.
I was always told that it meant that when it was applied they either used soap with ammonia in it, or that you cleaned with a cleaner with it in it. I was told more then likely it was the soap used when applying it and why they always recommend using baby shampoo while applying it.

Idk what they used. I've only used Invisible Glass (tint safe one) and it says ammonia free, a few times. Other than two or three times, they haven't been touched.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Sun will fade certain brands of tints depending on the quality of the film. I have done some tinting in my day and know this from experience. That said, there are forums dedicated to this if it bothers you enough, you can always sign up to those and get a direct answer. Either way, most shops have a lifetime warranty, and if it has faded that merits a replacement.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Mentioned to my dad about the tint.. I was like why do
you think its blue in certain lighting conditions? He was like do you even want me to answer.. Automatically said because its cheap shit.. yup haha. So when I have some time off, maybe spring break I'll bring it back for a lifetime warranty replacement for all the windows. and if he says the defrosters gonna get fawked up removing the tint, ill fix the back windshield and get a new one.. Thinkin of going 20% all around this time, 35 is way too light honestly

96gt4.6

Reaction score
a good shop can remove tint without messing up the defrosters.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
mine was blue/purple'ish too joe. i heted it lol. tore that shit off and fish bowled it lol. i liked it w/o tint but i never rolled around top up and windows up.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
a good shop can remove tint without messing up the defrosters.

Spray the tinted window down with a soap/water solution, take a large, dark trash bag and cover the window [on the inside].

Park that ***** in the sun for a few hours and it'll work the same as [MENTION=19214]fiveohwblow[/MENTION] using steam!!!

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Spray the tinted window down with a soap/water solution, take a large, dark trash bag and cover the window [on the inside].

Park that ***** in the sun for a few hours and it'll work the same as [MENTION=19214]fiveohwblow[/MENTION] using steam!!!

Absolutely. It's a great at home method I have seen work. Proves a bit difficult for some of the back windows but effective nonetheless.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
mine was blue/purple'ish too joe. i heted it lol. tore that shit off and fish bowled it lol. i liked it w/o tint but i never rolled around top up and windows up.

Its annoying as hell.. notice it even more now. The tints not even 2 years old -_- I can't fishbowl it, I had the car for 2 months and had tint on it lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online