wide band o2

98-5.0

Reaction score
im lookin for a wideband system for my 5.0..........i know it has its own harness but how does it really work....does it splice into the computer or what.....??? and whats a good system to get.........ill be runnin it on my stand alone 357 turbo motor as well when ever i get it done and in there maybe this winter.

ryclef331

Reaction score
A wideband is its own setup by itself. I've got an Altronics O2 Alert setup in my car. If comes with a Display/control box that also datalogs, and the O2 Sensor itself. You get the o2 bung welded on your exhaust, screw in the o2 sensor, and install the rest as per the instructions. There is no cutting or splicing of the factory harness. Pretty simple to install them and GREAT peace of mind knowing what your car is doing ALL the time!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I have dual widebands on my car set up through my AEM, plus there is a digital A/F ratio gauge on my column telling me what's happening.

You can check out wideband O2 setups from AEM, Autometer, and a number of other places. Pretty easy to install (as noted above by ryclef) and a valuable tool to have.

Paul.

OP
OP

98-5.0

Reaction score
HOW COME THERE AINT 2 O2'S AND WHERE WOULD I MOUNT IT.......ANOTHER ?.....TWEECER RT OR PMS FROM ANDERSON FORD.......DOES THE STOCK O2'S STAY IN PLACE OR CAN I JUST ELIMINATE THEM ALL TOGETHER AND JUST RUN THE STAND ALOND WIDEBAND?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Your caps lock key is on.

You can run dual widebands, or single - either will work fine. Dual will (obviously) read both cylinder banks. You can use a Tweecer or PMS to tune your car, but I don't know if they have wideband O2 feedback like some of the standalone systems (e.g. FAST, AEM) have.

If you still have a stock ECU, you will still need stock O2s.

As ryclef mentioned, you will need to add another O2 bung to your exhaust for the wideband.

ryclef331

Reaction score
paul said:
Your caps lock key is on.

You can run dual widebands, or single - either will work fine. Dual will (obviously) read both cylinder banks. You can use a Tweecer or PMS to tune your car, but I don't know if they have wideband O2 feedback like some of the standalone systems (e.g. FAST, AEM) have.

If you still have a stock ECU, you will still need stock O2s.

As ryclef mentioned, you will need to add another O2 bung to your exhaust for the wideband.

werd.

OP
OP

98-5.0

Reaction score
so could i mount it in the acual h part of the h pipe or just pick a bank........the pms does have feedback with it.....just the pms is more expensive and i also was lookin at the aem setup.......i dont car how much i pay i just want the best over all and the one that has the most broud tuning capabilities....thanks

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If you don't care how much you pay, then get a FAST XFI with dual wideband capabilities. I have an AEM and it's a pain in my ass.

I believe that there is guidance provided with the instructions on optimal O2 placement. If memory serves, it should be placed way downstream (i.e. the crossover) in your exhaust.

Paul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online