Window and carpet removal

NCMystic

Reaction score
i searched but couldn't find a window removal guide, or any pictures of the windows removed. can the window bracket be removed from the glass or will i have to get some windows to break the glass out of for my plexiglass project?

i am planning to pull the carpet and leave the floor pan exposed. is there any wiring i will have to remove? and i want to leave it the raw factory primer and clear coat over top of it to protect it. isn't there sound deadening i will need to remove under the carpet and if so how can i do so without scratching up or damaging the floor pan paint.

thinking of getting clear grip tape for the foot and wear areas of the floor pan or maybe something else similar with less grit? suggestions?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
No windows
847B28B3-47CC-4821-AE08-3ADBA42A041C-66904-000010AE881F8B82_zps26f11fda.jpg

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
hahahaha we should be friends

but really, why not.

musturd, if you get a chance could you maybe take a photo of the window removed and maybe give some removal tips?
body work on your car is looking good

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

but really, why not.

musturd, if you get a chance could you maybe take a photo of the window removed and maybe give some removal tips?

Which windows are you referring to and thanks buddy ill post painted pics tomorrow as for removal of the windows the rear quarter windows bolt in and have butyl like eurethane sealing them ... You have to remove the upper Interior panel and unbolt the sail panel and piece above the door there's a lot of screws one being in the jamb of the fender it's a 8mm bolt the others are torx and some Philips as for the glass and sail panels I believe are 11mm if I remember correctly as for door glass this is a bit more of a task but once the door panels off only take about 5 mins to unhook off the regulator .

Wichers123

Reaction score

but really, why not.

You do know plexiglass scratches really easy. It's not really meant for daily grind. Mostly full on track cars that get rolled out of a trailer and the rolled back on.byou might want to read up and do some research.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/two-minute-tech/2min-65/make-lexan-race-car-windows

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
Musturd, i am only looking to pull the windows from the doors. so i don't need to remove the dew seal or anything to pull them out the top after they are unhooked from the regulator?

thanks for the video Wichers, i didn't know how many teeth per inch to get. suppose i'll spring for the lexan. i am going to tint the inside 20% so that should reduce scratching on one side. think it would better to put a clear layer of film over the outside or just leave it as it?

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
so i tried detaching the window from the motor with no luck. the battery is dead and the driver window wasnt working anyways

removal tips please??

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
i know someone has taken their windows out, help please?

miss.mod.50

Reaction score
I highly highly recommend Percy's pre-formed lexan for the front and rear if you're looking to shave weight. We've been using it on f-body cars for a while now and just started carrying it for mustangs, mine being the first mustang install we'll be doing so I dont have all the fitment details YET. How are you planning to brace the lexan in the doors? Is this going to be a track car? Street car?

As for the wiring, I just gutted my 02 and the main harness going to the rear lights/stereo/fuel pump ran along the drivers side, dont see why this would be any different on 96-98's. If I remember correctly, the only thing that was really "hanging" out in the middle of the floorpan was the power seat harness.

EDIT - forgot about ebrake wiring, but it will sit under the seat if stock seat bolting locations are used

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
it's a street car, daily driver

i don't think the lexan windshields will maintain enough visibility to over time so probably keeping glass in there

percy's probably makes the lexan for bolt in side windows but i am going to run gt350 pull straps so am going to have to make them myself so they fit the stock window glass bracket and slide in the tracks with the strap. not sure how to remove the bottom bracket from the glass. it's been raining every day so i haven't had enough time to try to figure out the removal
(no garage)

is the dew strip edge going to need to be removed to pull the windows and if so how do i remove it without damaging it?

i like the fiberglass door but they're a little spendy with the mystic paint factored in so that will have to wait

good to know on the floor pan wiring, thank you for the feedback

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213