Window regulator bad!!!!!?HELP

EVILSN

Reaction score
This is a new window motor just installed about 5 minutes ago and still has the same symptoms, window won't go all the way up. Bad regulator?https://vimeo.com/144431423

Sent from my iPhone using My dick

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Just the motor. The teeth on the regulator felt pretty worn

07GtS197

Reaction score
Reinstall the motor with the regulator all the way up. Im betting that its a few teeth off.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Either the bracket is flexing and pulling away from the gears on the motor or the slide mechanism on the bracket is not riding in its track.

If you look into the channel where the window resides, just below the inside door handle you'll see a curved plastic track and part of the bracket needs to ride inside that track.....I hope that makes sense.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=93eO5IIfObk

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I felt the teeth on the top of the regulator and they are shot, very worn so I'll just order a regulator.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Good luck with the install. In my 00 gt my regulator became worn near where the plastic pieces ride in this channel to guide the window up and down so I had to replace the whole damn regulator. Then I used this black rtv looking stuff from advance auto because the guy said it wouldnt come unglued but guess what, within about a month the windows came unglued from the regulator again and the windows wouldnt sit right when they were all the way up. Moral of the story, do your research on which products to use before you use them, good luck.

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I ordered one from American muscle so we will see how it goes.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good luck with the install. In my 00 gt my regulator became worn near where the plastic pieces ride in this channel to guide the window up and down so I had to replace the whole damn regulator. Then I used this black rtv looking stuff from advance auto because the guy said it wouldnt come unglued but guess what, within about a month the windows came unglued from the regulator again and the windows wouldnt sit right when they were all the way up. Moral of the story, do your research on which products to use before you use them, good luck.

it looked like RTV or was RTV? If it was RTV pretty sure this is not one of the recommended uses.

07GtS197

Reaction score
it looked like RTV or was RTV? If it was RTV pretty sure this is not one of the recommended uses.

You know Im not sure. I remember seeing it in one of those big tubes that requires a calk gun and asking one of the employees if itd work and he said yes. Its sad because I got some on my sweat pants and that didnt come off for literally over a year and that was with countless washes and me picking at it lol. I wouldnt be surprised if thats all it was too, usually those idiots dont know what theyre talking about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online