Window won't roll up

SN95_Project

Reaction score
I tried the "bash the door to see if the motor starts again" trick and it hasn't worked. My son and I pulled the motor and tested it directly on the battery and it works fine in both directions. I think it maybe the one-touch module. Not sure. When we turn the key on, the window goes all the way down. If we hit the "up" button while it's going down, it will stop but go back down again if we let up on it. We tried a new switch and that didn't work. We know the motor works, so all I can think of is the one-touch module. Any idea on how to test it? I took the cover apart and there aren't any burnt traces and continuity is good from what I can see. That said, I don't know how to test a relay.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It could be the one touch relay, I think I happen have an extra next to me if you need one. It could also be the switch, test to see if it is showing power out on it.

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
Is there a remote start unit? I thought the DEI module converted the windows to one touch. I will say, this gen carries some of the same issues as the fox bodies, there is a crossover cable to that goes behind the dash to connect both doors for power windows/mirrors and locks. The connections for the dei module will most likley be hidden in the drivers kick panel

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
I went home and pressed my window button, i wouldnt call them 1 touch by no means. Thats more of a gm thing

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
If you car has black leather, the dei module makes the most sense. With anything dei, you can roll windows up/down, turn on ac, rear defrost. You could have a birds nest

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is there a remote start unit? I thought the DEI module converted the windows to one touch. I will say, this gen carries some of the same issues as the fox bodies, there is a crossover cable to that goes behind the dash to connect both doors for power windows/mirrors and locks. The connections for the dei module will most likley be hidden in the drivers kick panel
DEI like viper/sidewinder?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Viper for sure, i had a dei viper 2 way system on my 94 gt. Not too sure on the sidewinder though
ok that is what I thought you were talking about, now I just have no idea why? If you thought I that is what I meant when I said the one touch relay was bad that is an actual relay inside the door panel to do one touch up/down. I have the dei window module in my car with my alarm but I do not know of anyone else that has installed one.

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
More or less, i was trying to suggest something other than bashing the door as the thread starter mentioned. My guess is its a 430 window module. My stock switches in my car are more like momentary switches, as long as the button is held it will go.

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
I tried the "bash the door to see if the motor starts again" trick and it hasn't worked. My son and I pulled the motor and tested it directly on the battery and it works fine in both directions. I think it maybe the one-touch module. Not sure. When we turn the key on, the window goes all the way down. If we hit the "up" button while it's going down, it will stop but go back down again if we let up on it. We tried a new switch and that didn't work. We know the motor works, so all I can think of is the one-touch module. Any idea on how to test it? I took the cover apart and there aren't any burnt traces and continuity is good from what I can see. That said, I don't know how to test a relay.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Pull your drivers side kick panel off and remove the lower cover off so you can see your collumn. If you see any weird small wires ziptied everywhere, its got a remote start, factory, it has no 1 touch module, its momentary

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
More or less, i was trying to suggest something other than bashing the door as the thread starter mentioned. My guess is its a 430 window module. My stock switches in my car are more like momentary switches, as long as the button is held it will go.
the one touch relay looks like a standard relay that hangs down inside the drivers door panel. I promise it has nothing to do with dei. I am not saying the one touch relay might not still be the problem.

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
the one touch relay looks like a standard relay that hangs down inside the drivers door panel. I promise it has nothing to do with dei. I am not saying the one touch relay might not still be the problem.
Thats my fault, 100%.

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Was out of town for the past week. Sorry for no response. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll look into it Sunday. It does have a security system of some sort but not sure on remote start. Thanks!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the window module he is talking about would roll the windows up automatically when you arm it. After installing car audio security for decades I have installed 4, 2 of which were in my own cars.

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
It could be the one touch relay, I think I happen have an extra next to me if you need one. It could also be the switch, test to see if it is showing power out on it.
How much for the relay? I'm pretty sure at this point that is what I need.

Flade

Reaction score
You are making this way too hard. The window motor needs to be replaced plain and simple. I have owned 6 SN95s included my 94 GT I bought new and the 4 I currently own. I have probably replaced over 15 window motors over the last 25 plus years. (convertibles rear Windows fail all the time for some reason). In EVERY case, the Windows went down fine but would not come up. Removed from the car they test perfect, but they won’t work under the weight of the window. It has nothing to do with the one touch relay, wiring etc.

OP
OP
S

SN95_Project

Reaction score
You are making this way too hard. The window motor needs to be replaced plain and simple. I have owned 6 SN95s included my 94 GT I bought new and the 4 I currently own. I have probably replaced over 15 window motors over the last 25 plus years. (convertibles rear Windows fail all the time for some reason). In EVERY case, the Windows went down fine but would not come up. Removed from the car they test perfect, but they won’t work under the weight of the window. It has nothing to do with the one touch relay, wiring etc.
I'd believe you, but as soon as the one-touch relay is plugged in, the motor goes down on it's own (no switch getting pushed). If it was the motor, I would think pressing the switch to make it go down would work, but not up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online