Wings/spoilers

joemomma

Reaction score
Man seeing all these shots with the side-exit exhaust has got me wanting to jump in.

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
If it was not for this stupid state I would run the BBK catless X pipe more with the spicy track tune. It sounds great with this engine but unbelievable with the aluminum stroker engine. Freaking thing howled. But now it sounds neutered.

Jake

Last edited:

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I have the Saleen s281.

View attachment 13657
Heya Scott, are your louvers functioning??
It kinda looks like you can see light through them in the pic but I can't tell.
I've always toyed with the idea of side louvers, but I don't want to sacrifice being able to see the blind spot over my right shoulder. All the louvers I see are solid, some of them even including a black-out panel for the inside!
I don't get that.
Can you see through yours?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Heya Scott, are your louvers functioning??
It kinda looks like you can see light through them in the pic but I can't tell.
I've always toyed with the idea of side louvers, but I don't want to sacrifice being able to see the blind spot over my right shoulder. All the louvers I see are solid, some of them even including a black-out panel for the inside!
I don't get that.
Can you see through yours?
They are a decal and where you see them you can't see through. I added some button style mirrors on the side view mirrors and I have not had any issues not being able to see out them.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Right on buddy.
Ya know, now I gotta share this...

Once I hit post reply, I heard myself say "Well actually, if Scott is driving FASTER than everyone else, he doesn't need to SEE any blind spots..."

LOL

Last edited:

Gregomatic

Reaction score
If I got louvers, I'd definitely be a Dremelin' fool!

I really sue those quarter windows when I'm backing.
I've always had this deep seated fear of hitting some little kid.
I've never been a huge fan of back window louvers. *shrug*
Except with the Mach's, they can get away with it pretty slick.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when backing up I am all mirrors, I am not even comfortable with the back up camera funny enough. One of the places I installed stereos at had the worst location to get in and out of where we were an inch or two from a dumpster on one side and the garage door and the tool boxes on the other side so I became VERY good at backing in/out of tight places in cars I was not familiar with. I was one of the few that put a car in my garage in AZ let alone 2. These garages were small enough that I would pull my ranger in so the pass mirror would go between some shelves I had on that side and then I would back the mustang in also so the pass mirror was under the shelves on that side. When I did it that way there was barely enough space to open both drivers doors as long as you didn't open them all the way...

Honestly once you get use to the button mirrors on the side view you really do not need to look over the shoulder. If you focus on the small button mirror you will see anything in the blindspot, meanwhile if there is a car further up out of the blind spot while your looking at the small mirror it looks huge

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Yep, if you are adept at properly utilizing mirrors and they are placed/angled correctly, that's all you need.
I'm fairly good with backing trailers and boats. I wasn't so much so until I drove forklifts for Williams Foods Inc. for a few years back in the early 90's.
Once I could wrap my head around sitting on the steering wheels, it changed my whole parking perception.

I can visualize you packin that Ranger and Stang in tight like that. I'm supposing your doors have bumper guards too. *snort*

Notthenow

Reaction score
Come on toccs, you gotta park in your garage in AZ unless you want the car to turn into a heap of dust. Who doesn't know that? I hate back up cameras, worked in body shops and had to park cars bumper to bumper and door to door.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Come on toccs, you gotta park in your garage in AZ unless you want the car to turn into a heap of dust. Who doesn't know that? I hate back up cameras, worked in body shops and had to park cars bumper to bumper and door to door.
yea but most people out there do not care about their car as much as the piles of crap they pile up in the garage. I am not joking that only one other neighbor out there that I can think of put a car in the garage and I can't tell you how jealous I was to see that they put covered parking spaces at my old workplace with solar cells on top. Leaving my truck out there for 12 hours in the summer left me wondering how much softer the wheel could get before it was like a wet noodle.

Notthenow

Reaction score
True, most garages out here are full of valueless crap, while a valuable vehicle sits outside with paint and plastic oxidizing. And that doesn't even address getting into a car when it's 115 outside. It's making you miss the desert, isn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online