Wings/spoilers

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Yep. The Roush cars had side exhaust.
Thanks Warrior!
I have just spent a fun filled evening learning about Mustang Roush's, starting with Jack Roush! What cool history!
I love this pic!

I would never do this to my 'Lil Six', but man I sure love that Roush upgrade!!
In building up my Stang, I've tried really hard to walk the tedious line of making my ride sweet for me to look upon without portraying that 'feigning a big V8' look.
Does that make sense? I guess I just don't want to come off like a poser. LOL

I wanna make her all she can be without making her look wanton to be something she's not.

(If I wasn't worried about it, I'd have a wing like Whites'! LOL

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I have not notice anyone post the Steeda wing. Although the winglets were made by me. The are pretty close to the Steeda units.

Jake
View attachment 13919
What did you use as a template for the winglets? Did you freehand those?
I'd like to see a bird's eye view of how you mated the flat surface of the winglet to the curved sides of the wing. They look fantastic tho!

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I have an aerospace sheet metal and machine shop. I used a CMM machine to measure the original pexiglass winglet from Steeda. I modeled it in Solidworks. Then the easiest part I gave it to my machine shop foreman and he made them from 6061-T6. Then I had them anodized. I have a more complex winglet planned. Just been too busy to get is finished.

Jake

Gregomatic

Reaction score
I have an aerospace sheet metal and machine shop. I used a CMM machine to measure the original pexiglass winglet from Steeda. I modeled it in Solidworks. Then the easiest part I gave it to my machine shop foreman and he made them from 6061-T6. Then I had them anodized. I have a more complex winglet planned. Just been too busy to get is finished.

Jake
"...more complex winglet planned."

Good grief Jake!
Why didn't you just glue it on with that adhesive in your drawer that you use to replace the heat tiles on the Space Shuttle Orbiter?

Quite seriously, not only am I impressed, I'm kinda jealous!
Man, working in a aerospace machine shop...I'd have trouble dragging myself home!

Ya gonna just 3D print the next one?
You GO bro!!
Let us know when you fabricate the 'complex' ones!!

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score

badass98svt

Reaction score
Hi y’all
Here’s 95 wing on 98.

View attachment 14056
View attachment 14057
Actually I believe there were just 2 94-95 Cobras in Oman ‘the country where I live’. So I had to buy one of them, and parted out just to get the wing with the trunk lol!

View attachment 14059

I was lucky enough to find someone that sold me their 95 Cobra trunk and spoiler for $50. He literally gave me some other parts too, before he had it towed to a boneyard.
I plan on using the trunk, but probably not the spoiler. The LED still works too.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to find someone that sold me their 95 Cobra trunk and spoiler for $50. He literally gave me some other parts too, before he had it towed to a boneyard.
I plan on using the trunk, but probably not the spoiler. The LED still works too.
Lucky dawg!!

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I took some measurements between the spoiler mounting holes in my trunk lid. What these '94/'95 Cobras have is a trapezoid pattern with 44" front and 42" rear hole spacing since the pedestals are angled inwards slightly towards the back of the trunk. There is about 7" between the front and rear holes.
My question is this: Is this the same spoiler mounting hole pattern as a '96-'04 GT?
I'm hoping the answer is yes since the APR carbon fiber wing I want to use is not rated to fit any '94 or '95 Mustang. APR does list wings that fit the '96 to '04 Mustang GT so there is hope.
When I called APR they told me they don't know if their spoilers will fit a '94/'95 because they never had one to test fit. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with a '96 to '04 GT could take a look and see if the measurements I listed above are the same as what you measure. Any and all replies are welcomed!
Thanks, CobraRGuy

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
I’ll tell you that the cobra wing I ordered for my 96 gt did not fit. I thought about modifying the trunk to fit and it was going to be significant fabrication that I am not willing to do. I had to return the damn thing and I got charged a restocking fee.
The answer is no, a cobra wing will not fit a gt trunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online