Winter projects???

apsmith49921

Reaction score
What's everyone got on their list this year?

I'll probably end up adding a double din radio and some other interior work such as sound deadening. Plan to deaden the whole floor and doors. I want to eliminate some rattles and make this car "like new" inside

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll be getting the fuel system put in and the suspension. Maybe a bit more depending on how business goes. If we keep staying busy maybe I’ll started on the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
On nice days I hope to drive it but I am also hoping to start the stereo again. 3 way active components up front with a 9"(not a typo) woofer in the door, a 5" in the kick panels and the tweets in the pilars, 5" rear speakers and 2 - 12" woofers.

Werecow

Reaction score
On nice days I hope to drive it but I am also hoping to start the stereo again. 3 way active components up front with a 9"(not a typo) woofer in the door, a 5" in the kick panels and the tweets in the pilars, 5" rear speakers and 2 - 12" woofers.

Because you've not bought enough copper wire for a good tax write-off yet this year eh?

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Probably end up with one of these. Hopefully be able to squeeze some gears in as well
b85deb10653faf65c486d9e31a666d00.jpg

PinkieT

Reaction score
New front sway bar, Ford Racing differential cover, BBK shorties/catted X pipe/Magnaflow cat back, PI head and intake swap on my car. JLT shorties, catted X pipe, fix current cat back exhaust troubles on wife's. May get to PI intake swap on hers too. Will I get all this done? Probably not, but I can dream, can't I?

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
New front sway bar, Ford Racing differential cover, BBK shorties/catted X pipe/Magnaflow cat back, PI head and intake swap on my car. JLT shorties, catted X pipe, fix current cat back exhaust troubles on wife's. May get to PI intake swap on hers too. Will I get all this done? Probably not, but I can dream, can't I?
Do you have to pull the motor for short header?

Werecow

Reaction score
For me, since I finally got the danm fuel tank in, I'm planning on fixing the rest of the fuel system before winter or bad weather hits, gotta change it over from the driver's side over to the passenger side coming into the engine bay, then I'll trudge along with the clean up on the engine then the carb.. Next I'll get the wiring all sorted out. By then I'm hoping Sandy Claws will drop a new radiator with electric fans on me so I can finally hear it crank up maybe before it gets covered up with a foot of snow???

PinkieT

Reaction score
Do you have to pull the motor for short header?

I'm told that it is possible to unbolt the motor mounts and lift the motor a few inches first one side, wiggle the shorties in, then do the same on the other. If I get to my wife's car I'll try that. If I do the head swap on mine it may be easier to bolt the shorties to the head then drop as an assembly. I won't know for sure until I try. Other alternative is to drop the entire K frame/motor assembly out of the car, do the swap, then reinstall. Boy, I miss my 440 six pack Road Runner where I could do the swap in less than an hour...

delling3

Reaction score
Cams, PI Intake, and all the associated crapola (water pump, timing chains etc.). Prolly start that project next week. If that gets done and the weather is still decent, either Cobra brakes or 3.73 gears are next. After that, a B&M shifter and FR500 steering wheel. I'll likely have the car under cover with the battery tender on by mid-November for a long winter's nap.

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
I think depending on what santa brings this year I may do some rear end work as well. My ultimate goal would be a complete tear down with 31 spline axles and t loc, 4.10 gears, and carbon fiber clutches. However more than likely I'll end up with just gears lol. I'm already looking ahead to next winter. Plan on attempting to build a sumped fuel system with an lines for future endeavours

d.garza18

Reaction score
Well finally going to be pulling and rebuilding my motor here within the next couple of weeks. And I plan on cleaning the engine bay and painting it while the engines out and cleaning up the wiring and opening up the trans and freshen it up a bit maybe do the j mod while I’m there. I’d love to get the car sprayed this winter as well

NEURON

Reaction score
Feel kinda left out, just have projects. Oh wait a minute, if it looks like rain I will get my wipers out of the trunk and put them on. I Feel better now.

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
My project list is getting out of control lol

Werecow

Reaction score
Project Cherry Bomb.... Maybe I'll get it cranked by spring?? That would be groovy to fire it up before I've had it a year eh?

joe65

Reaction score
my ported, new valves, springs PI heads are on their way back, so I'll be collecting timing components and cams to get those on by Spring. Maybe a few suspension componets i didn't get to yet either. k member, upper rear control arms. Oh and we are working on getting the pushrod 5.0 back in the Ranger. putting things back on the long block.

we are finally having our basement sheet rocked. I did the framing and most of the plumbing, but had the elect. and am having the drywall done. will be nice to have that project finished up. its been a long haul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online