Want To Buy Working pair of crossovers and tweeters

o36

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of unused/collecting dust passive crossovers if anyone has any.

Preferably I'd like something that has individual binding posts for speaker wire input/output, and is 2nd order (12db/Octave) or 3rd order (18db/Octave) roll off. Just let me know what brand they are, and what component set they came from and I can look up the specs myself.

Also, lmk what you have for tweeters, preferably with positive and negative terminals (no pre-attached wires), and mounting hardware if you have it.

I picked up a set of Hertz DSK165.3 components on discount for my Mustang, but I'm less than thrilled with the build quality of the tweeters and crossovers. Lost the receipt otherwise I'd take it back to the store and exchange, so I'm just going to make this work. The woofers are good, just don't like the tweeters or the crossovers.

Thanks! :headbang:

PS I'm located in Canada, so keep that in mind. I'll pay shipping charges provided it's not too ridiculous.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
all you need to take the bass out of a tweeter is a capacitor. Is there just too much bass getting through to them or something else wrong?

OP
OP
O

o36

Reaction score
all you need to take the bass out of a tweeter is a capacitor. Is there just too much bass getting through to them or something else wrong?

The problem with using just a capacitor is you cannot accurately predict the roll off of frequencies below the intended target cutoff, and I don't have the patience to find/design a schematic and wire one up myself, which is why I'm just looking to use something off the shelf right now that's in spec for what I need to not destroy my tweeters.

This is all temporary until I feel like spending the money to build a proper active setup with a proper DSP.

For now I'm just piecemealing it together to get buy until then.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a nice set of phoenix gold Ti Elite cross overs that would work. These are not an entry level cross over though as it even has a power saving option if you over power the tweeter(it lights up a light to burn off the DC created when clipping) with steel containters. I couldn't part with it for less then $50 as its a nice piece originally made by morel for phoenix gold but then again hertz is also not a cheap brand

OP
OP
O

o36

Reaction score
I have a nice set of phoenix gold Ti Elite cross overs that would work. These are not an entry level cross over though as it even has a power saving option if you over power the tweeter(it lights up a light to burn off the DC created when clipping) with steel containters. I couldn't part with it for less then $50 as its a nice piece originally made by morel for phoenix gold but then again hertz is also not a cheap brand

Do you have a link to the spec sheet for the component set? I took a quick look online and only saw the pg elite 6.5 component set with a single crossover that looks like an amp itself.

I'm interested, I do have a border package pick up service I could use for shipping. Let me get home and send you the details in pm and we'll work something out.

Do you have just the crossover or the full set/any other tweeters?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online