would you go with meth?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well, within the next few months my motor will be back together. it will consist of a T trim, stage 3 pi heads, stage 3 blower cams, paxton fmic, 8 rib, bolt ons, 9.5:1 compression motor with forged internals, etc. I was originally planning on going with the AIS stage 2 trunk mount meth kit, but one of my buddies was telling me that with the fmic I have he doesnt even think it is necessary to run a meth kit. What are your takes on this? thanks

LAFENATU

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
well, within the next few months my motor will be back together. it will consist of a T trim, stage 3 pi heads, stage 3 blower cams, paxton fmic, 8 rib, bolt ons, 9.5:1 compression motor with forged internals, etc. I was originally planning on going with the AIS stage 2 trunk mount meth kit, but one of my buddies was telling me that with the fmic I have he doesnt even think it is necessary to run a meth kit. What are your takes on this? thanks

Why not do E85?

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would run the intercooler and meth on top. thats what ill be doing when i upgrade to the ysi

Orange Stang

Reaction score
totally differnt understanding of topic title........ Very misleading.....

modo

Reaction score
use both... the meth will still cool the discharge temps even more but also adds octane

just don't spray pre-intercooler as it can puddle

TaborRacing9

Reaction score
nah... i went the meth route and wasted my time.... i had meth on top of a 3 core intercooler.... if you arent gonna e ridin on a cooler...id say yeah go for it... otherwise its unnecessary...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i have decided to hold off for now, if down the road i want to add it i always can

blown98gt

Reaction score
blown, what i did was this ok man...

D1sc with 2.9 RR 8 rib pulley, 8 rib pulley conversion, (procharger kit does have a 3 core intercooler) stage 3 ported heads, 8:5.1 compression and a snow performance stage 2 boost activated meth kit. i upgraded to the trunk tank and a dual injection kit. one is by the s/c and the other is by the intake and my car runs outstandly cool.. plus it's all boost activated so it starts around 6/7 lbs and goes on till 22lbs of boost.. also surprisingly enough in a months time and riding the car hard, i've not used even 1/10th of the meth in the tank..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online