Went to a junk yard a cut the front support off the car
And welded it to another gt sand blasted and grinded the welds could not tell
Beats totalling the car out

OP
OP
amf201091

amf201091

Reaction score
Just took the radiator out today. Was a pain since it was bent underneath the ABS module. I think I'm going to have the shop that fixes it delete the AC unit as well (couldn't really figure out how to take out the condenser).. Not sure how expensive that would be but I think I'd rather have it out than fix it.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Bolts are at top left and right inside
So the condincer will come out towards inside
The fittings are spring lock like the fuel filter just a little bigger

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You will need the lspring lock tools
Auto zone has them or o'riley or advanced
But first take it to a shop have them empty the AC system then you can remove the lines

Quality post right here!

The refrigerant in your AC lines is volatile as well as toxic. You should have it professionally removed for your safety (and so they can properly dispose of it).

After that point, you can buy the disconnect tool from autozone to remove the lines and maneuver them.

As mentioned in another post, cap all lines, evaporator, condenser, and canisters as soon as possible (while disassembling the system). The drier will become useless if it's exposed to atmosphere for too long of a period of time.

OP
OP
amf201091

amf201091

Reaction score
Update: Re-fiberglassed the hood. Turned out decent for my first time. Lost the line towards the edge and it's a little raised and uneven in some areas but doable for a track pony. Would have stripped off the plasti dip but it would have created a bigger mess (not my house).
upload_2020-10-26_23-53-50.png
upload_2020-10-26_23-54-22.png

Went to the junk yard and pulled out a new passenger airbag panel. Applied some velcro and walah!! A removable panel. Also snagged me a nice wiper cowl

upload_2020-10-26_23-55-20.png

upload_2020-10-26_23-55-42.png

upload_2020-10-26_23-56-30.png

Bought a new mishimoto radiator, steeda bash bar, bumper, cobra headlights/foglights, corbeau fx1 seat and bracket. All waiting for my car to come back from the frame puller.

20201018_154053-jpg.7450

Last edited:

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Update: Re-fiberglassed the hood. Turned out decent for my first time. Lost the line towards the edge and it's a little raised and uneven in some areas but doable for a track pony.

Went to the junk yard and pulled out a new passenger airbag panel. Applied some velcro and walah!! A removable panel. Also snagged me a nice wiper cowl

Bought a new mishimoto radiator, steeda bash bar, bumper, cobra headlights/foglights, corbeau fx1 seat and bracket. Currently waiting to send to the frame puller.
Snap some pictures and let's check it out
At least your trying
Thats good

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Update: Re-fiberglassed the hood. Turned out decent for my first time. Lost the line towards the edge and it's a little raised and uneven in some areas but doable for a track pony. Would have stripped off the plasti dip but it would have created a bigger mess (not my house).
View attachment 7451
View attachment 7452

View attachment 7453

View attachment 7454

View attachment 7455

Bought a new mishimoto radiator, steeda bash bar, bumper, cobra headlights/foglights, corbeau fx1 seat and bracket. All waiting for my car to come back from the frame puller.

20201018_154053-jpg.7450
If you need a stock hood let me know and I'll work with you on it i have 2 left

Reaction score
Wrecked my 98' GT after driving into a traffic sign and high siding on the median. The damage seems to be mainly the bumper impact beam, radiator, and I'm guessing the headlight nose panel (correct me if I'm wrong). Insurance declared it a total loss... I want to keep the car and turn it into a dedicated autox/drift/andallothernonsensethings build. I don't care about making her pretty again... I plan on just stripping the front end down to a bash bar and leaving the rest as is.. Obviously replace the radiator and the headlight nose panel, if I even need too.. This is a big undertaking in my world as I've only ever put in a short shifter and a valve cover gasket. So I could use some tips, inspiration, love, and all that stuff Figured this would be the time to get my hands dirty and learn a thing or two... cause why not?

@white95 and my car look like that for fun... lol ac delete is honestly really simple and easy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.