xsoutherngun89x's ride....

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
well im not gonna spin it past 6100 which i think the engine can take. plus the stage ones dont pick up enough for me. stage 2's(crower and HiTech) pull to 6200 RPMs so thats not too high for me. plus the isle quality means nothing to me, lol

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
well im not gonna spin it past 6100 which i think the engine can take. plus the stage ones dont pick up enough for me. stage 2's(crower and HiTech) pull to 6200 RPMs so thats not too high for me. plus the isle quality means nothing to me, lol

All the more reason for 4.10's (at least)

98_MustangGT

Reaction score
looks good. how long did it take you to install all of your suspension parts? ie. springs, shocks, c/c plates and on a scale of 1 to 10 how difficult was the install.

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
wasnt bad, prolly a 5. just make sure you have enough time to do it. took me about 3/4 of a day to do it. started at about 9ish and finished right as dark was hittin. take your time and rent you the spring tool form advance, itll make it even easier.

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
oh, and make sure you get it alligned. you can get the camber and caster close just by settin it in the middle settings but the toe gets WAYYY out of wack. i had almost 2 inches of toe in

98_MustangGT

Reaction score
yea i plan on it. im hoping to start around 2 on friday and try to get it done that night and get it aligned saturday morning. GaryG on here is going to be helping me but neither of us have ever done suspension work before so this should be exciting. :hammer:

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
i had never done it either. didnt use a write up, or any directions. me and my dad just went at it. not as hard as some people make it out to be.

oh and here is a tip, watch your brake lines close to keep them from gettin stretched. when your doin the front, unbolt the caliper and hang it up out of the way with some bunji cords.

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
eh, id do one side at a time. thats the way i did it. OH, another thing. disconect your swaybar. you will need to do this(maybe not, but it made things easier for me)

Goldmember

Reaction score
xsoutherngun89x said:
i had never done it either. didnt use a write up, or any directions. me and my dad just went at it. not as hard as some people make it out to be.

oh and here is a tip, watch your brake lines close to keep them from gettin stretched. when your doin the front, unbolt the caliper and hang it up out of the way with some bunji cords.

If you have a spare jackstand, you can use it to rest the caliper on (just fully extend the jackstand so you don't stretch out the line). Did this during my front-end rebuild the other day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticcobra

Members online