Yo man, my car got so much torques da torque converter cant hold shuts!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks!
One of the reasons i haven't pulled the trigger on a new tranny/conv yet is the tuning drama. My tuner is a 4R70W wiz kid but i'm still debating a 6sp for the fun factor. I'm glad my car is not a DD so i don't need to rush to a choice.

Good Luck... Maybe shoot Darrin at BC a email or PM on another forum or post on tccoa for more help.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
1st Question..... I thought these automatics were only supposed to lock the T/C in 3rd and 4th gear under light to moderate throttle. At WOT the T/C unlocks and stays unlocked until throttle is released. Correct?

2nd question.... Can the T/C's locking mechanism lock and stay locked with the power/torque he is putting through it?

GT

navarro98gt

Reaction score
That is the reason I went with a reputable company like B.C. Automotive.

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Or you could just get a non-locking convertor but I am not saying that is the best way.....

karrarararararar

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Steven said:
I really wonder what happened to JR. Havent seen hyde nor hair of him in a long while

Yea, he still has my VB...sum *****.

I guess im gonna have to get my hands dirty and do a JMOD

Anyone want to help a brotha out?

Cause I have no idea what Im drilling out or doin.

here ya go justin

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html

can you post a video of whats happening? This sounds like what my tranny's been doing ever since i swapped in my pi cams

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its fixed...it was never a mechanical problem like a thought, just the computer getting confused cause the car wasnt going through the gears like it normall would on the street.

It worked out...car feels like a differant animal now

it put down 370 rwhp which is respectable considering the stalled auto and the fact the car was heat soaked all the hell from sitting there while my tuner was messing around...

the IATs were up to 150 or so which pulled timing...normally they are around 100-110....so I have no doubt it would do 400 rwhp without being heat soaked or it being a bit cooler out

Its insane how much faster it is.

I rolled into the throttle a little from about 20-60 in second gear and left 50 foot tire marks while accelerating on accident...probably 3/4 throttle

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Great work on getting the pixies into rehab. :grin:

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
They dont really matter all that much....im more concerned with how it runs.

It feels like its got 100 more hp

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Mr. Freeze meth kit from AFM. NOW, you will see a significant improvement buddy. And it's not to expensive. :)

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Steven said:
Mr. Freeze meth kit from AFM. NOW, you will see a significant improvement buddy. And it's not to expensive. :)

Im already intercooled though.

I want to datalog again cause I swear I did before and didnt see temps above 110 when it was like 90 out.

If I am actually seeing 150 degree IATs than I may need a better intercooler.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
well your considering the IAT's, I'm consider cylinder temps. You would benefit from it regardless. KB's are heat pumps in upper boost levels and those kits fix it right up.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
So it was all a tuning issue?

Autos are weird on dynos...they dont like to stay locked sometimes.

It wasn't fulfilling some necessary parameters for it to stay locked in third...he said cause it wasnt going through the gears, just starting in third or something.

He didnt have time to mess with it that day, just threw it on the dyno and it did that.

He datalogged it and figured it out the next day.

Steven said:
well your considering the IAT's, I'm consider cylinder temps. You would benefit from it regardless. KB's are heat pumps in upper boost levels and those kits fix it right up.

Yea, true...Im sure it would help but I dont really feel like installing another system on the car....just another thing to go wrong and more money that I dont have
and locked on the dyno or something so it wasn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alocalguy1337

Members online

No members online now.