You Ever Get Tired Of Yer Loud Car?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Guys I'm getting ready to put an exhaust on the ole 5.0. Right now minds made up....I'm going with a Bassani X and Flowmaster American Thunder Catback. Now my Problem, Being that i have one loud car (98GT Flowmaster 44s...Mac H Pipe) should i keep this one quiet by getting a catted X Pipe? Ive never received complaints from anyone about my SN but sometimes having a Loud car is a prob. What would you do?

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
getting the catted mid would quiet it down
Snakebit, I know your looking to get rid of the cobra but, if you were gonna keep it, would you make the "EL" loud as well?

4point6GT

Reaction score
hell naaaaaah i dont even think my car is loud at all, ppl say it sounds mean but i want LOUDER!!!!!!!!!!! i kno theres some louds that r jus plain annoyin, hopefully when i get my new set up it aint that type. im plannin on gettin hooker LT headers, and i think hookers only has O/R x-pipe but i want an O/R H pipe not sure if they do or dont tho and then theres the mufflers, wuts good?

I think yu should let yur 5.0 ROAR :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
Snakebit said:
getting the catted mid would quiet it down
Snakebit, I know your looking to get rid of the cobra but, if you were gonna keep it, would you make the "EL" loud as well?

I went all legal on my exhaust because of this OBDII test, my cobra is legal and the L will be too. Im going with a catted high flow mid pipe and a cat back exhaust on the L. It will be loud, but NOT obnoxiously loud

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I got really tired of having loud cars, as well as all the unwanted attention they get from cops and idiot ricer streetracers. Now I do everything I can to quiet them down, and all my cars have cats. Plus, the power losses through high-flow cats are extremely minimal, and it's really nice to be able to hear my music and hold a conversation over the sound of the exhaust nowadays.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Well I love it most of the time, but sometimes I get sick of it. Making a lot of short trips in a small amount of time, or 1 long trip makes it even worse. I currently have a catted h with the SLP LM1 catback. Once I get the IRS under my car, it will have an offroad H and an actual muffler behind it. Depending on how loud it is, I might weld some of the high flow cats my dad sells into the H.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
i do sometimes.. but if i just cruise the cars not that loud.. you hear it go wooooooo through the gears but nothing to complain about.. if i want loud i run it hard through the gears ;D

LI98GT

Reaction score
Personally if it's my car, I don't like it too loud inside where you can't hold a conversation, listen to the radio or too "boomy" while at speed. Outside or someone elses stang is a different story. I like it loud when you get on it and a nice solid low rumble at speed/idle.

My preference in sound is for 5.0s to have an H pipe no cats and flowmaster catback and 4.6s with catted X pipe connected to a Bassani catback, but that's my preference in terms of what I like my stangs to sound like. Everyone's different. I also like Red96GT's idea of the modular (Bassani) mid pipe where you can easily change out the cats if you prefer.

FWIW, I'm getting mine louder tomorrow - welding in SS Bassani streets:)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i have the opposite problem, my car isn't loud enough...my GT is louder than my cobra, time to save up for longtubes.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i have the opposite problem, my car isn't loud enough...my GT is louder than my cobra, time to save up for longtubes.

cut the mufflers out and run straight pipes ;D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

or i could just get a SLP catback. ;D

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Snakebit said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

:D :D :D

Real funny, I can't wait til you guys here my car in person and fear the real non PI power. :p

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i have a catless hpipe and original 40 series flows on the cobra.. im longing for some long tubes because its not loud enough. there is an 01ish cobra down the street with an awesome exhaust setup and that thing is louddddd.. i will not be outdone!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
i have a catless hpipe and original 40 series flows on the cobra.. im longing for some long tubes because its not loud enough. there is an 01ish cobra down the street with an awesome exhaust setup and that thing is louddddd.. i will not be outdone!

Is that the newedge you showed us pictures of before?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
Snakebit said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Snakebit said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

:D :D :D

Real funny, I can't wait til you guys here my car in person and fear the real non PI power. :p

Im skkkkkkuuurrrrrddddd :help2: :help2:

TheBab

Reaction score
I hate how loud my shit is...

Maybe if I have Borlas rather than Flowmasters...

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
TheBab said:
I hate how loud my shit is...

Maybe if I have Borlas rather than Flowmasters...

I hope your not talking about stingers because they are way louder than flows. :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.