Your thoughts about a CAI kit?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I have the ford stock system, but i have the K & N air filter. Now today i took out the K &N and started cleaning it and waiting to re-oil it now. You know before you re-oil the whole filter it has to dry completly (overnight is good enough). Anyways, i got bored without my car (yep took 1 hour till i got bored) and i put the stock ford paper air filter back in. Started up the car and it sounds meaner lol. Im not sure if my K & N was really dirty and effecting air flow.

Anyways, if i was to get awhole new CAI would anything change? When you changed yours what did you notice? Any myths you were about to de-bunk?

thanks

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Would a CAI system change the tone of my exhaust?

i dont think so. a CAI would sound me towards the front of the car. with my KB 75mm TB and CAI you can hear the air being sucked into the engine, o ya gets the girls. go with JLT www.jlttruecoldair.com they are exspensive but dyno proven

G

GREG@SN95

CAI is a huge waste of money on our cars... just use a K&N filter...

now... on ol hotrods... changing carbs will change how the exhaust sounds... its mostly volume changes through

changing heads and cam (or cams) will change the exhaust sound a heck of alot... that is not a waste of money... get heads n cam

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

95KBGT said:
i dont think so. a CAI would sound me towards the front of the car. with my KB 75mm TB and CAI you can hear the air being sucked into the engine, o ya gets the girls. go with JLT www.jlttruecoldair.com they are exspensive but dyno proven
There a thread over on SVTP where a guys tubing cracked while driving. It looked just like that one, so im worrie over that. Since i have MAC exhaust i was leaning towards MAC CAI :D

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

thats what i have mac cai. looks....eh....sounds good tho

G

GREG@SN95

A guy over @ mustang boards was running MAC CAI...

he took it off and felt better performance... CAI is a waste... just run the K&N

ANYTHING W/ A BEND BEFORE THE MAF CAUSES YOUR ENGINE TO THROW CODES...

so dont use em... they make your car run lean... they dont have any real gains

97vertstang

Reaction score
unless ur forced induction and or pi swap with bolt ons.its a waste of money!!!! i took mine off the other day and installed the stock tubing.i felt more torque and same top end.in a modifies pi engine and or forced induction, than it will make some power.thats where the manufacturers get there figures from. save for many mods before the cai.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think they add any hp but my demolet sure does look pretty :banana:

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I just have the K&N Filter. I didnt notice any gains when i installed it. I'm not going with any CAI until im PI Swapped, when that happpens then maybe i'll go with a JLT.

G

GREG@SN95

Snakebit said:
I swear my car felt more responsive when I installed mine :dunno:
you have twice as many valves... it still has a bad reputation for throwing off the MAF

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
Snakebit said:
I swear my car felt more responsive when I installed mine :dunno:
you have twice as many valves... it still has a bad reputation for throwing off the MAF

never had any issues with mine, no Check Eng lights or anything :banana:

yellowgt

Reaction score
I don't know why you other 5.0 guys have had a problem with the CAI kits.

I have the BBK kit and when I installed I felt quite a bit of difference, I had more torque and my throttle response was a hell of alot better.

ryclef331

Reaction score
A simple change in the out side air temp will change the hp more than what a cold air will do for ya. In all actuality you ass dynos don't mean much. You won't feel a difference of 10hp. Shit, I barely feel a 50shot of nitrous in a car. In my book, a cold air intake LOOKS better than the gains it nets. 2-3hp isn't that big a deal. Its like buying a cat back for our cars...aside from a forced induction car, buy whatever MUFFLERS you think sound best. When you're just talking bolt ons and stuff like that...your money is better spent elsewhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online