Your thoughts on these spark plugs?

Wichers123

Reaction score
If it was a all out race engine where every little fraction of horsepower mattered then yeah give it a try. A standard copper plug will get you far.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I still like them. The burn looks very efficient, and I'm sure it helps to get a full burn from the mixture.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Wichers makes a good point. Copper plugs are tested true for $1.50ea. I do like not having to find a plug with the proper orientated ground strap away from the piston. Replace and go. Im up to 20 purchased sparkplugs now. But I dont think this type of plug would be best suited for a n/a engine were (1) one electric arc is just fine (2) how can you read the plug after a run? When the engine is running a fine line towards failure, youll want to be able to read the plugs. So, the $1.50 copper makes sence n/a.

IMO These plugs are perfect forced induction were multiple arc are needed to reduce chances of blow out.

The company does carry regular style plugs also.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Wichers makes a good point. Copper plugs are tested true for $1.50ea. I do like not having to find a plug with the proper orientated ground strap away from the piston. Replace and go. Im up to 20 purchased sparkplugs now. But I dont think this type of plug would be best suited for a n/a engine were (1) one electric arc is just fine (2) how can you read the plug after a run? When the engine is running a fine line towards failure, youll want to be able to read the plugs. So, the $1.50 copper makes sence n/a.

IMO These plugs are perfect forced induction were multiple arc are needed to reduce chances of blow out.

The company does carry regular style plugs also.

yeah and no. I'll explain, yeah you get multiple arks but if look at them they are small and weak looking. You need a strong single fat ark to keep them from blowing out. I've never had a problem with mod blowing out spark with proper gap set. I run 20 as I have always with boost. People who have issues or booster boxes are just covering up a problem.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
20 makes sense boosted and how can you beat $1.50 plug that has little to none fail rate.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Exactly. I change them maybe every month or two for shits. If I'm tuning then I'm changing them a lot like every time I have a bad rich event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online