Gauge Install - A short story by Paul (with pictures)

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
bigB653 said:
How hard would it be to swap the position of those 3 gauges with the A/C controls? IMO, they would be easier to read if they are up higher i.e. you don't have to take your eyes AS far off the road? :dunno: Just looks a little strange being down so far, in MY opinion. But other than that, it was a very clean install and I do like the look of that plate.

I don't know how hard it would be to swap the HVAC controls with this slot. Certainly more work than I want to do anyway. Moving your eyes from the road to one position on the dash vs another doesn't seem to take any longer.

JonBeast said:
Looks good man, I would say get some bullitt pedals, I loveee mine, but if u dont like them its cool.

Get some black racing seats :thumb:

I got my FR500 wheel installed, but I still haven't gotten some replacement pedals. I don't think I'll put aftermarket seats in this car either since it's my daily driver and I don't really need anything fancy. I have other cars to put fancy crap in.

Paul.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Paul said:
I got my FR500 wheel installed, but I still haven't gotten some replacement pedals. I don't think I'll put aftermarket seats in this car either since it's my daily driver and I don't really need anything fancy. I have other cars to put fancy crap in.

Paul.

*cough* S351 *cough*

95-stang

Reaction score
Excellent write up, thanks a lot, i just ordered a water temp gauge to put opposite my Innovate A\F gauge, i'm wondering as mines the Cobra intake, it has three blank off plugs which i'm hoping is the same size as the water temp sender thread.
There seems to be no-one here using npt thread [except the aircraft industry] so as they say in cockney slang, if it does'nt fit i'm a bit Donald Ducked. [f**ked] :)
I could use the factory sender hole, but i wanted to compare readouts.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If the Cobra manifold is anything like my Edelbrock one, all four of those holes have the correct pipe thread and you can install the water temp sending unit into them. You could also drill/tap the water neck for it and install it there.

I just removed the factory sender. Who cares anyway - it doesn't tell you anything.

Paul.

95-stang

Reaction score
That was my point, there's no one i know of with those taps, i have metric, UNF, UNC, and all the old crap, but not npt.
I agree, it does'nt tell you much, i just wondered as people always say they are a mile out, i want to know how far. :)
With only having one hole left to fill it was a toss up for which gauge to get, almost went for oil pressure, maybe its an excuse to buy another pod. :thumb:
Thanks for the info.

Suspect

Reaction score
good stuff and helpful as im about to do this. sorry if its been asked. but whats the part # for the T on the oil plug. i wanna keep both.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I don't have a part number. It's just a tee fitting I bought at a hardware store. Nothing fancy.

jEEd

Reaction score
very nice! i'll keep this in mind when im doing some gauge installs!

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
nice post and nice place to put 3 gauges

if you only want 1 i put my tranny temp gauge right in in front of the shifter to the left side.

runit5.0

Reaction score
Hey man what are the dimensions for the plate that you made?

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
runit5.0 said:
Hey man what are the dimensions for the plate that you made?

Buy one and find out. :grin: I think I have two left.

RoadZOmbie

Reaction score
hey paul how did u tap power to the gauges? what did u use in particular? thanks!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the light bulbs are plugged into the "passenger side" of fuse #13. Might want to double check that though.

RoadZOmbie

Reaction score
Do u have any pics of that? Did u splice into the cables with those snap clips?

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
No, I don't have any pics. No splicing. I just folded the stripped end of the wire over one side of the fuse, then plugged it in. About as easy as it gets.

93lxtc

Reaction score
Also installing the 2 gauges below my stereo- will install pics sson from the cobra!

where can you get the steering wheel at and how much?>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online