Gauge Install - A short story by Paul (with pictures)

McCloud

Reaction score

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
looks awesome paul.

I also had my stock cd player with an aftermarket head unit until a couple weeks ago. i pulled my stock cd player out and put in a textured abs plastic cover over it, the guages are yet to come, i still havnt hooked up my temp and oil pressure guages.

my seat track doesnt work eaither :dunno:

i want one of those guage bezels, it looks awesome!

Goldmember

Reaction score
Cool- Definitely beats the stock gauges, which are dummy lights cleverly disguised as gauges anyway lol (water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter)

I like the custom plate, and nice workmanship- you clearly put a lot of effort and time into this!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That steering wheel is nice. I might have to get me one. Of course I'd also have to get a black airbag and stuff so maybe I'll just recover my stocker?

Iunno, I think I could deal with it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Goldmember said:
Cool- Definitely beats the stock gauges, which are dummy lights cleverly disguised as gauges anyway lol (water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter)

I like the custom plate, and nice workmanship- you clearly put a lot of effort and time into this!

Ive heard that they were basically on/off switches and offer no real protection ...lol :wall:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
High Five to Paul!!!
high5.jpg

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
McCloud said:

Awesome! Thanks man! :thumb:

Goldmember said:

For sure. Stock gauges suck and don't tell you anything.

Although I didn't put that much effort into it, I'm really happy with the result. Looks nice.

duh09 said:
That steering wheel is nice. I might have to get me one.

I highly recommend them. They're way better than stock ones. Much more smooshy.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I don't know how much interest there is, but my friend might make a few and sell them. How many of you guys would ACTUALLY buy one?

BlackMachDown

Reaction score
bullitt pedal covers as your next mod.made a huge ass difference in my mach when i put them on!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I don't really like the bullitt pedals. I'll probably just put stockers back on.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul said:
I don't really like the bullitt pedals. I'll probably just put stockers back on.

YAY for stock pedals in a non-bullitt car. :dancing6:

My cobra has these stupid metal pedals in it and they suck ass.

Get a price on those guage plates and let us know.

Dairy King

Reaction score
I noticed the bare pedal. I figured it was for sidestepping the clutch easier. :dunno: :uglystupid2:

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
when you installed the 3/8" NPT fitting for the autometer gauge what did you do with the wire that was plugged into the original sending unit...

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Trickflow.GT said:
when you installed the 3/8" NPT fitting for the autometer gauge what did you do with the wire that was plugged into the original sending unit...

It's unplugged right now. When I replace my water neck and thermostat, I may re-install the OEM sending unit there and extend the wire to reach it, but since I have a "real" gauge I'm not too concerned with it.

Paul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online