Gauge Install - A short story by Paul (with pictures)

Trickflow.GT

Reaction score
Paul said:
Trickflow.GT said:
when you installed the 3/8" NPT fitting for the autometer gauge what did you do with the wire that was plugged into the original sending unit...

It's unplugged right now. When I replace my water neck and thermostat, I may re-install the OEM sending unit there and extend the wire to reach it, but since I have a "real" gauge I'm not too concerned with it.

Paul.

cool good to know..i suppose you could put a T fitting there too..might look a bit cluttered though.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My God canery that sick is just stupid big :crazy2: :nonono:

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Just do like me and turn all signatures and avatars off - then you don't have to scroll through all that crap.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
Just do like me and turn all signatures and avatars off - then you don't have to scroll through all that crap.

but you miss the super cool sig pics :crying:

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, This sit should have a Sig Limit maximum of 600 pixels wide and/or 240 pixels high. :boink:

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Lightning Struck said:
but you miss the super cool sig pics :crying:

Sig pics are cool once. After that they're just annoying as shit. My local forum bans signature pics altogether, and I like it that way. Do we really need to see a picture of some guys car 6840351487401321658710657103164 times? Methinks no.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul said:
Trickflow.GT said:
when you installed the 3/8" NPT fitting for the autometer gauge what did you do with the wire that was plugged into the original sending unit...

It's unplugged right now. When I replace my water neck and thermostat, I may re-install the OEM sending unit there and extend the wire to reach it, but since I have a "real" gauge I'm not too concerned with it.

Paul.

Hey paul any word on a price for those guage plates?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Sorry to :TJ: but since you're talking about it:
Sig pics should be 500x150 and no larger IMO.

I don't mind seeing sigs. Some of them are pretty creative and there is a "go down" button so you skip right past them. Plus the scroll wheel is a pretty neato invention on mice that aren't 10 years old. :thumb:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
Sorry to :TJ: but since you're talking about it:
Sig pics should be 500x150 and no larger IMO.

I don't mind seeing sigs. Some of them are pretty creative and there is a "go down" button so you skip right past them. Plus the scroll wheel is a pretty neato invention on mice that aren't 10 years old. :thumb:

the good ol' ball mouse. i remember those... couldn't move it more than 1 inch a minute otherwise it would spin out of control, have to clean it all the time, never accurate. oh man. i gotta go dig up my old one.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
5litrarag said:

Not yet. He hasn't made any. He's thinking about making an initial run of maybe 10 of them. I think black anodized would probably be appropriate for all of them - or do you think people would want other colors? It's more expensive to anodize stuff multiple different colors.

Paul.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Paul said:
5litrarag said:

Not yet. He hasn't made any. He's thinking about making an initial run of maybe 10 of them. I think black anodized would probably be appropriate for all of them - or do you think people would want other colors? It's more expensive to anodize stuff multiple different colors.

Paul.

Cool let me know when he does.

As for colors, fuck 'em....
they take black or they dont get one.
which is better than you making a bunch of colors and then get stuck with 'em.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Wow I didnt know that I would piss people off so much by being lazy and not resizing my sig pic.... My bad.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Wow I didnt know that I would piss people off so much by being lazy and not resizing my sig pic.... My bad.

...some sites will even ban you for having too big of a sig :hammer:

i have noticed that both SoCalEvo.com and Bimmerforums.com go by the 600x240 Pixels rule and sigs must be smaller than 100K.... best size i have seen is 600x250

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Troysigpic.gif

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
On the gauge plate i would def be interested, it looks clean. also i have all electric a pillar gauges, did the autometer kit come with the copper tubing? im DEF going to get better shit and go mechanical. FTW

bigB653

Reaction score
How hard would it be to swap the position of those 3 gauges with the A/C controls? IMO, they would be easier to read if they are up higher i.e. you don't have to take your eyes AS far off the road? :dunno: Just looks a little strange being down so far, in MY opinion. But other than that, it was a very clean install and I do like the look of that plate.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Looks good man, I would say get some bullitt pedals, I loveee mine, but if u dont like them its cool.

Get some black racing seats :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online