Gauge Install - A short story by Paul (with pictures)

Saint

Reaction score
Nice Upgrade man I always wondered how to install am guages...Maybe I'll get brave...Unfortunately my instrument cluster voltage regulator is bumming out and I cant find a new one. And what specific model does that steering wheel come on? Mine looks a lot skinnier than that

vir881

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture where you are showing the VAC connection as many people, including myself, have wondered where to "T" the Gauge. Super, I am gonna get one plate.

95-stang

Reaction score
Mine arrived this morning, just like to say what a well made piece it is, cant wait to fit it. :)

95-stang

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't have time to take photos of the install but it was nothing spectacular, I may well swap the vac for oil pressure later, and unfortunately my o2 gauge spoils the appearance as its not Autometer, but all in all it looks good in an otherwise unused space. The quality of the part is great and went in really easily. :)

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Nice! Thank you for posting pics!

It looks great in there. :)

Oh, and I love vacuum gauges. One of the most useful gauges ever.

ba#97

Reaction score
Can he make them for where your aftermarket head unit goes? I don't have any stereo in my car and am planning on doing gauges soon anyways but would love it to be there.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Brake pressure gauges are good in racecars if you're in a class that doesn't allow a trans brake. Also good in road racecars (two of them) to help dial brake bias fore/aft.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Aw c'mon now!! I had two brake pressure gauges in my old SCCA racecar!! :) In fact, stockcarproducts sells them in a package ready to go for just such a purpose.

Oh, and I still love vacuum gauges.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online