#0001 Boss 302 is on Ebay

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
because of the whole article about him when he first bought it, how he found it by accident and how he said he was going to drive it and not keep it stored away, how he said he didn't care about keeping it perfect, etc. etc. Now basically that whole article just makes him look like a strokejob. Obviously the only reason he's selling it is to make a profit, he doesn't care about keeping the #1 Boss as a collectors car. But hey that's just my POV.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
^well no shit.
He said he wants to drive it. Drivers don't give a flying kite what their VIN is, but collectors do. There are people out there who DO care about keeping it perfect, so why not sell it and pick up another Boss with enough cash left over to buy one more?
I believe cars are meant to be driven, but i also believe in business.
Theoretical scenario. You have two identical cars, one worth 50k and one worth 100k. Which one do you drive to the store, leave in the rain, leave unattended in parking lots for little kids to door ding, etc? Get real bro.

Sinned83

Reaction score
If that were me Id drive the sh*t out of #1 just because It would make the collectors mad and because I could :bootyshake: At the end of the day its a mustang not some Lambo. The owner is on some weak sauce for wanting to sell it now.

ryclef331

Reaction score
djk83 said:
If that were me Id drive the sh*t out of #1 just because It would make the collectors mad and because I could :bootyshake: At the end of the day its a mustang not some Lambo. The owner is on some weak sauce for wanting to sell it now.

If the car was 1 of 1 or basically it was impossible to get another one, I'd agree, how ever...why not sell the 1st run one buy another and use the profit to make you new boss...the baddest boss 302 on the road. I'd gladly sell #1 to pick up #235 and turbo it and go back and wipe the floor with any other numbered one out there

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
djk83 said:

If the car was 1 of 1 or basically it was impossible to get another one, I'd agree, how ever...why not sell the 1st run one buy another and use the profit to make you new boss...the baddest boss 302 on the road. I'd gladly sell #1 to pick up #235 and turbo it and go back and wipe the floor with any other numbered one out there

x2.

Thats what he is planning, minus the turbo part, just wants to pay off a new boss with his old.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
my point is if he was just going to sell it to make a quick buck he shouldn't have driven it 700 miles and he shouldn't have had it dealer prepped so it would actually be worth what a real #0001 car could be worth. And also he shouldn't have spouted all that BS about not caring about driving it.

ryclef331

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
my point is if he was just going to sell it to make a quick buck he shouldn't have driven it 700 miles and he shouldn't have had it dealer prepped so it would actually be worth what a real #0001 car could be worth. And also he shouldn't have spouted all that BS about not caring about driving it.

Thats all good and well but re-read his interview he did with mustang daily and his exact words said he'd sell as long as he could get another one just like it and pay off his current loan. At no point did he say he was going to beat the shit outta the car just to do it....and 700 miles ain't nothing. Its not even broken in.

wytstang

Reaction score
Wow that guy said the magic number is 100K and it is now sold according to his update. That was a hell of a profit, smart man.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
wytstang said:
Wow that guy said the magic number is 100K and it is now sold according to his update. That was a hell of a profit, smart man.

Yep" its gone!

On May-04-11 at 05:44:44 PDT, seller added the following information:

This car is NOW SOLD locally as I noted in the auction, thanks for bidding. I can't end the auciton, which I did not realize when I placed it as an auction rather than fixed listing. Please no more bids.

smart man yes, now he can buy a z06 and go faster and even pay any debt he might have with the rest of the money!

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
It's business. No one can outlive a car, let alone is any car really worth keeping in a situation like that. Unless it was like your fathers dying wish or something but hell, I know even in a case like that if my old man bought me number 1 brand new then found out it was worth 100k he'd be saying sell the bastard, buy us both one brand new. lol

Nacho98

Reaction score
The guy's gonna kick himself, even five years from now, if that Shelby really went for $200k already.

While he flipped a nice profit, and will get the car he wants now, he admitted he didn't REALLY want to sell it; had he been able to pay it off ASAP and garage queen it for the time being (a few years), then in even 2013-2014 he probably could've sold this thing for a huge sum and found any number of what surely will be super low mileage 2012-2013 Bosses that people will have stashed away that he could've picked from.

Personally I don't blame the guy for wanting to sell it for a profit, I'd do the same thing--I'd just wait until later, knowing I was sitting on a pile of cash.

EDIT: 0002 is on ebay too, but the owner of 0002 sounds like a colossal, grade-A douche: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...6444613QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_1899wt_1167

Sinned83

Reaction score

Nacho98

Reaction score
Yep, douche supreme. I also like how he talks smack about rock chips on 0001, but then his car, for all his championing of grease marks and plastic on the seats has like 800 miles on it too because he's such an upstanding class act who just couldn't break his commitment to drive it to some lousy car show for the lesser fans who will never afford one.

Kinda hard to look at someone talk that much about how important it is to be factory pristine, but had no problem putting hundreds of miles on it and insult the other guy with the more valuable one.

Dysfunction

Reaction score
If I were him i'd sell it too, cars are meant to be driven. Why not sell it, get more than you paid, and get another. Although I thinking waiting to sell would be better. But there is always the off chance something could happen to it..

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
It says that the seller ended the action, did he end it early?

BladeX10

Reaction score
lol. That 0002 guy is an idiot. ' 0001 went up to 140 mph, he was going to race it and he had kids in the car' really? 0001 will always be worth more and he couldve put 100k miles on it and still got a nice chunk of money for it. 0002 is just the start of the regular ol' boss'. Guy is trying to milk out the buzz 0001 got.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'd invest the $100K in the market and it would be worth a hell of a lot more than any stupid new mustang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBR51Stang