'01 Cobra Convertible top leaks looking for legitimate fix

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I have an '01 Cobra Convertible that has a leaking top. Everywhere on the top is solid and doesnt leak except the rear of the top under the window where its secured to the body. I was thinking of tightening the secure points and see if that helps, but if it doesnt work what is a legitimate fix for it? I was thinking of running some weather strip sealant behind the seal points but that seems a bit hokey to me. What do you guys think?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im sure someone here has experienced a leaky top. Surely they'll chime in

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wait..........mustangs come in convertibles???? Shocking........ lol

Just a friendly bump to keep thread noticeable till another droptop person sees it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I tightened the nuts holding the top in the back, I hope it works, I see that the rubber strip in the rear looks replaceable so I may just replace it anyways.

OP
OP

4.6Stangrage

Reaction score
I tightened the nuts holding the top in the back, I hope it works, I see that the rubber strip in the rear looks replaceable so I may just replace it anyways.

This solved my issue!! No more leaks and we had a fat rainstorm! I hope my factory amps arent ****ed! If so I guess I will be doing a amp upgrade even though I would like to upgrade anyways. Thanks bumpin' the post!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online