Convertible top replacement...

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
I replaced my convertible top to black (w/glass window and defrost), several years back and I am thinking of going back to saddle tan. The top is still in great condition. Can I have that removed and save it either to sell or as a backup or will it get destroyed in the removal process?

9698 Hybrid

Reaction score
If you're super careful, maybe.....The top is stapled in at many places... might not be worth your time for what you could sell it for or the shape it would end up in.

Slice

Reaction score
Agree with Hybrid. Also that's a lot of time trouble and money just to change the color of a top. If your top still looks good and it was a properly done installation without wrinkles and so forth, if it were me I would leave it and spend that money on other enhancements. I have done a couple of tops so I know how much work it can be and there's always the potential of screwing it up. Don't ask me how I know.

OP
OP
C

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
Thx, had it for 7 years and still looks great (being garaged and all), so I guess I'll keep it and have the $$$ go towards the leather interior replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online