03/04 Cobra Engine into a 98 gt

4point6GT

Reaction score
Basically I was wondering if it was possible And l am sure it is so my question is does anyone know what is needed for the swap ? :help2:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it will fit....you will need the complete engine assembly and if you can get the wiring and computer that would be helpful but you can use your current stuff just gonna be alittle extra work.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
it will fit....you will need the complete engine assembly and if you can get the wiring and computer that would be helpful but you can use your current stuff just gonna be alittle extra work.

wut do u think is better usin my own tranny or usin the cobras t-56 ? am i right bout cobras tranny bein the t-56 ? well anyways thanks :thumb: and I cant wait, gotta start lookin now :dancing6:

S

scarface

Good luck man on the swap....BEtter look for a wrecked terminator, thats going to be a VERY pricey swap!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
like scarface said it will be expensive, but the return on your money will be WELL WORTH it

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
DropTopPony said:

wut do u think is better usin my own tranny or usin the cobras t-56 ? am i right bout cobras tranny bein the t-56 ? well anyways thanks :thumb: and I cant wait, gotta start lookin now :dancing6:

If you can get the T56 then go for it. Your 5 sp won't handle that Tq very long. Either get the 6sp or go to an auto like the high hp Cobras are doing.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
4point6GT said:
DropTopPony said:

If you can get the T56 then go for it. Your 5 sp won't handle that Tq very long. Either get the 6sp or go to an auto like the high hp Cobras are doing.

I will get the T-56 then, cause havin an Auto tranny :nonono: and my cobra would jus not feel like a :khobra:, would take all the fun outta havin such a beast IMO.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you will be lucky to get the swap done for less than 8000-10000.....i would rather just build up a new motor, just my opinion though...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
you will be lucky to get the swap done for less than 8000-10000.....i would rather just build up a new motor, just my opinion though...

the cost of this is what made me decide to not even attempt it :-[ it would be great to have a terminator set up, but the cost involved just isint in my Bank account right now

S

scarface

that would be to just have the STOCK cobra setup too. Just build a motor, and be FAST for ALOT less.

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
that would be to just have the STOCK cobra setup too. Just build a motor, and be FAST for ALOT less.

Yea so im lookin at them to do the swap, as in the labor 8-10gs ? FUCK THAT :slap:......lol. So anyways lastnight i had started lookin at some ford crate engines, I looked at their modular ones but they only got the 03 mach 1 engine and at the price its at I rather get a 302 which is $6200 or the AWESOME 460 thats $6700, so how hard do you think it is to put either of those two in my 98 gt ? and more important how much am I lookin at for someone to drop it in and etc...I kno diff shops may have diff prices but give me some opinions please.

302---390HP/360 TQ :pimp2:
460---550HP/545 TQ :pimp:

S

scarface

Well if you go NON mod engine the K-member will need to change to a tubular or 94-95 gt. Will you be going Carb on the pushrod engines? THat will save alot of time there if you do.

I would imagine there will be quite a bit of cutting for a 460 :) Would be a beast though.

Why not buy a used 4v. rebuild it with forged internals, and boost the hell out of it?

OP
OP

4point6GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
Well if you go NON mod engine the K-member will need to change to a tubular or 94-95 gt. Will you be going Carb on the pushrod engines? THat will save alot of time there if you do.

I would imagine there will be quite a bit of cutting for a 460 :) Would be a beast though.

Why not buy a used 4v. rebuild it with forged internals, and boost the hell out of it?

got to change to a tubular ? ok but what does that mean and how much would it cost me ?
what do u mean going carb on pushrod engines ? but if it saves time then why not right.
So then shovin a sweet 460 in my 98 possible ?
and lastly I dont have the money to buy another car buyin an engine is cheaper.
Thank you for all your help, Hope to learn more from you and rest of this Forum :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online